Memory QVL lists motherboard, but Motherboard QVL does NOT list my memory - problems

I built my PC back in January and have been enjoying it since. 

However, recently, I have been getting MEMORY_MANAGEMENT errors while playing videogames. Like Apex Legends and Doom Eternal.

I contacted Microsoft support and he took a look at me motherboards QVL and noticed my memory is not listed there.

Motherboard:  Aorus X570-I Pro Wifi

Memory:  F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC    [32Gb 3600Mhz G.Skill tridentZ Neo]

The motherboard QVL for my CPU (Ryzen 5 3600) doesnt have my memory listed. But the memory QVL does have my motherboard listed.

So, I am running into these memory management blue screens quite often while playing games and was wondering if I really do need to buy some new ram. And if so, which comparable one would work best? i.e. a 2 stick 32GB 3600Mhz ram. 

Memory QVL

Motherboard QVL

A QVL list is just a list of memory sticks the manufacturer tested when they released the motherboard.

It's not meant to be a complete list, and it's often NOT updated after a few months of the motherboard release.

Also, BIOS updates can improve memory compatibility adding support for some memory sticks or increasing the maximum frequency for some memory sticks.

So it's basically "Our motherboard works with a wide range of DDR4 sticks but we know for sure these sticks at these particular frequencies at these particular memory timings work, because we had the sticks in our lab and tested motherboard with them"

Your best options are to first test your memory sticks to see if they have errors, using software like memtest (click on download free, you don't have to pay for it) https://www.memtest86.com/download.htm

Make a bootable usb stick with the software (it does it for you) and then boot from usb stick and leave the test running ideally until a full pass is done (around 15-30m)

If you get memory errors, try reducing the frequency (ex 3600mhz->3200mhz or 3200mhz ->3000 mhz) and run the test again .. if you no longer get errors then it means either the motherboard can't handle that high frequency you chose, or the ram sticks can't. handle the high frequency.

If you still have errors after going as low as 2666 Mhz... it's a fault in the memory sticks. Try installing just one memory stick at a time and run the test .... return to warranty the failing stick.

57 minutes ago, Lord_Fudge said:

I built my PC back in January and have been enjoying it since. 

However, recently, I have been getting MEMORY_MANAGEMENT errors while playing videogames. Like Apex Legends and Doom Eternal.

I contacted Microsoft support and he took a look at me motherboards QVL and noticed my memory is not listed there.

Motherboard:  Aorus X570-I Pro Wifi

Memory:  F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC    [32Gb 3600Mhz G.Skill tridentZ Neo]

The motherboard QVL for my CPU (Ryzen 5 3600) doesnt have my memory listed. But the memory QVL does have my motherboard listed.

So, I am running into these memory management blue screens quite often while playing games and was wondering if I really do need to buy some new ram. And if so, which comparable one would work best? i.e. a 2 stick 32GB 3600Mhz ram. 

Memory QVL

Motherboard QVL

16 gi sticks or 32gb sticks?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

11 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

16 gi sticks or 32gb sticks?

16gb sticks

34 minutes ago, mariushm said:

A QVL list is just a list of memory sticks the manufacturer tested when they released the motherboard.

It's not meant to be a complete list, and it's often NOT updated after a few months of the motherboard release.

Also, BIOS updates can improve memory compatibility adding support for some memory sticks or increasing the maximum frequency for some memory sticks.

So it's basically "Our motherboard works with a wide range of DDR4 sticks but we know for sure these sticks at these particular frequencies at these particular memory timings work, because we had the sticks in our lab and tested motherboard with them"

Your best options are to first test your memory sticks to see if they have errors, using software like memtest (click on download free, you don't have to pay for it) https://www.memtest86.com/download.htm

Make a bootable usb stick with the software (it does it for you) and then boot from usb stick and leave the test running ideally until a full pass is done (around 15-30m)

If you get memory errors, try reducing the frequency (ex 3600mhz->3200mhz or 3200mhz ->3000 mhz) and run the test again .. if you no longer get errors then it means either the motherboard can't handle that high frequency you chose, or the ram sticks can't. handle the high frequency.

If you still have errors after going as low as 2666 Mhz... it's a fault in the memory sticks. Try installing just one memory stick at a time and run the test .... return to warranty the failing stick.

i will try that software out and let you know. thank you