Losing wifi when at idle folding (windows 10)

I have been fighting this for three days now and would like some help.  Basically when my I lock the screen and walk away my computer (desktop) goes idle it looses the network connection and I have to manually reconnect.  This happens somewhere between 4 and 8 hours of idle.  if I come home for lunch, it is fine.  When I wake up in the morning it is off and waiting to upload.

What I have done: 
-Googled for answers
-installed the newest drivers from asus
-power and sleep settings are set to high performance
-network adapter (under configure/power management) and unchecked " allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" for LAN and wifi
-Forgot the network and re-connected
-I have don't have a wifi sense under my wifi settings to disable
-Wlan auto config under services.msc is already set to auto
-Under power settings my sleep settings are:  sleep after: never,hybrid:off, Hibernate:Never,allow wake timers:enable

Wifi is built into asus maximus X code mobo.

This is really bothering me and killing mt PPD.  Am I an idiot who is missing something obvious?

Update:  It was in fact that I was locking my computer screen that was allowing windows to kick the system into sleep mode.  If you google changing the registry for "system unattended sleep time out" that might work as well and allow you to have some security to keep your cat/dog/kid/significant other from accidentally messing with your computer while you are away.

8 hours ago, Teriyaki.Handsome said:

I have been fighting this for three days now and would like some help.  Basically when my I lock the screen and walk away my computer (desktop) goes idle it looses the network connection and I have to manually reconnect.  This happens somewhere between 4 and 8 hours of idle.  if I come home for lunch, it is fine.  When I wake up in the morning it is off and waiting to upload.

What I have done: 
-Googled for answers
-installed the newest drivers from asus
-power and sleep settings are set to high performance
-network adapter (under configure/power management) and unchecked " allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" for LAN and wifi
-Forgot the network and re-connected
-I have don't have a wifi sense under my wifi settings to disable
-Wlan auto config under services.msc is already set to auto
-Under power settings my sleep settings are:  sleep after: never,hybrid:off, Hibernate:Never,allow wake timers:enable

Wifi is built into asus maximus X code mobo.

This is really bothering me and killing mt PPD.  Am I an idiot who is missing something obvious?

can you use ethernet?

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

3 hours ago, piratemonkey said:

can you use ethernet?

I actually bought a box of cat 6 to do just this, but it ends up that the drop is just outside the unfinished basement so I would have to venture to the end of the spider King's domain (crawlspace) which is more than I want to do for a rental that I will have to rip it back out in a few months (hopefully!) anyways.

More research today suggested that perhaps locking the screen puts windows int a different sleep state (nonuser) than letting windows go into screen saver mode (user).  I will nto lock it tonight and see if it works.

3 minutes ago, Teriyaki.Handsome said:

I actually bought a box of cat 6 to do just this, but it ends up that the drop is just outside the unfinished basement so I would have to venture to the end of the spider King's domain (crawlspace) which is more than I want to do for a rental that I will have to rip it back out in a few months (hopefully!) anyways.

More research today suggested that perhaps locking the screen puts windows int a different sleep state (nonuser) than letting windows go into screen saver mode (user).  I will nto lock it tonight and see if it works.

if it logs you out with the locking screen, then it might put network to sleep. you could turn the monitor off if you need to

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

1 minute ago, piratemonkey said:

if it logs you out with the locking screen, then it might put network to sleep. you could turn the monitor off if you need to

I am not signing out, but I am used to locking the screen from work every time I walk away.  Something I read pointed to a registry entry I could edit to change "system unattended sleep time out".

To test this I will not lock the screen and see if it has the same issue tonight while i take a long sleep.

1 minute ago, Teriyaki.Handsome said:

I am not signing out, but I am used to locking the screen from work every time I walk away.  Something I read pointed to a registry entry I could edit to change "system unattended sleep time out".

To test this I will not lock the screen and see if it has the same issue tonight while i take a long sleep.

aight sounds good. thanks for contributing :D 

On 3/27/2020 at 7:37 PM, piratemonkey said:

aight sounds good. thanks for contributing :D 

I will update if this is the issue so that other can learn from my issues.

Update:  It was the fact that I was locking my computer screen that was allowing windows to kick the system into sleep mode.  If you google changing the registry for "system unattended sleep time out" that might work as well and allow you to have some security to keep your cat/dog/kid/significant other from accidentally messing with your computer while you are away.