Need advice on LG monitor

thedemoncowboy

I have the LG 38” ultrawide gaming monitor, which has significant BLB lower left hand corner. I got in touch with corporate and I have two options. One is I can get a refund, which takes 3-4 weeks, and I can buy the 55” LG OLED for my gaming monitor.

Or because of COVID-19, I can keep this monitor and wait 2-6 months for a brand new one from them.

I feel if I go the OLED route I won’t have to worry about BLB

Maingear F131 "Ghost Edition" | MSI Z390 | i9 9900k | Gaming Edge | Apex Full Liquid Cooling | 64 GB HyperX Predator RGB 3200 MHZ | SLI 2080 RTX Ti |1200 W EVGA SuperNOVA P2 | 2 TB NVME WD BLACK | 2 TB NVME m.2 660 p | 4 TB HD | ASUS ROG PG27UQ

If you end up with a second new monitor I’d call that a win. Unless the blb is super obnoxious, I personally would just wait and either have a new dual monitor setup or have the new one and then sell the defective one on eBay (being honest about the defect). Either way you end up with 2 monitors or 1 and some cash instead of 1 monitor and no cash.

19 minutes ago, Quadrum said:

If you end up with a second new monitor I’d call that a win. Unless the blb is super obnoxious, I personally would just wait and either have a new dual monitor setup or have the new one and then sell the defective one on eBay (being honest about the defect). Either way you end up with 2 monitors or 1 and some cash instead of 1 monitor and no cash.

Sorry for confusion, they’ll just replace the current monitor. Or I can get the OLED and get $300 back

Maingear F131 "Ghost Edition" | MSI Z390 | i9 9900k | Gaming Edge | Apex Full Liquid Cooling | 64 GB HyperX Predator RGB 3200 MHZ | SLI 2080 RTX Ti |1200 W EVGA SuperNOVA P2 | 2 TB NVME WD BLACK | 2 TB NVME m.2 660 p | 4 TB HD | ASUS ROG PG27UQ