Bios update failed

7 minutes ago, Charlifr said:

One last question, when updating to 5.4 it says to download drivers, the driver's come in a zip file, should I extract them or leave them be?

Extract the driver out of the compressed file folder and then load, larger files are usually zipped before sent across the internet because lower-speed connections will take a long time to download it (for lower-speed connections, downloading a compressed file and then extracting will be quicker than sending the file over without any compression). I would like to see the option to download the entire file without compression since internet connections are getting faster and because it saves the pain of having to extract the file you want out of the compressed folder.

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

11 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

Extract the driver out of the compressed file folder and then load

I downloaded a copy to see what they were and if there was any documentation in them, nope, no documentation. But there is an EXE and it looks to be updated combo cpu/agu/MB drivers, so it looks like they are needed
Yep Boomwebshearch is on the money, extract them to a temp location, run the exe, probably will have to restart. After that delete the extracted files.

19 minutes ago, cobalt77 said:

I downloaded a copy to see what they were and if there was any documentation in them, nope, no documentation. But there is an EXE and it looks to be updated combo cpu/agu/MB drivers, so it looks like they are needed
Yep Boomwebshearch is on the money, extract them to a temp location, run the exe, probably will have to restart. After that delete the extracted files.

i just updated to 5.0 with them in zip file format, it seems fine atm, however i will follow your instructions for the penultimate update, thankyou v much

27 minutes ago, cobalt77 said:

im guessing the EXE is the setup file, it open up the drivers for AMD, i currnetly have 20.2.2, which is the latest, so i think im ok, i dont need to download them.

2 minutes ago, Charlifr said:

im guessing the EXE is the setup file, it open up the drivers for AMD, i currnetly have 20.2.2, which is the latest, so i think im ok, i dont need to download them.

Yes you should be good.