HotSpotShield Review

GeTecknics

So i feel like this needs a little background story just downloaded it out of curiosity from all the talk that linus has been doing also logan from tek syndicate mentioned on his new vpn his speed increased tremendously so i went to check it out.i used it at home this weekend and didnt see much of a difference my isp has never throttled me while sometimes their service sucks its usually good. got back to my apartment in a different city with a different isp (metrocast) and started watching some youtube then went to some forums and i noticed my videos were not loading anymore so checked my speedtest and got 1.6 down .25 up so i thought wtf and texted one of my friend who lives in the same apartment complex and he said his internet was fine. i pay for 15 down and 2 up which here is almost $75 a month so i thought to download HotSpotShield again and immediately did i not shoot up to 16mbps down but my upload went up to 14mbps. In the morning i will be calling my isp and ask what is going on because they have done this before about 2 months ago and said that they dont throttle i call BS.

So long story short i have now bought HSS elite and will never surf again without it unless something happens with the company. I recommend you at least try it if dont already have a vpn it might actually help you get around throttling and it keeps you private. Everything was easy to understand and the set up process from the download takes less than 2 minutes its all automated and fairly easy to understand.

Note: this is my result you may not see as much of an increase/benifit as i did

its GE (pause) TechNicks

my rig plus everything i have bought for it http://pcpartpicker.com/p/30sNV

I really dont know what ISP's are thinking there killing themself

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

So i feel like this needs a little background story just downloaded it out of curiosity from all the talk that linus has been doing also logan from tek syndicate mentioned on his new vpn his speed increased tremendously so i went to check it out.i used it at home this weekend and didnt see much of a difference my isp has never throttled me while sometimes their service sucks its usually good. got back to my apartment in a different city with a different isp (metrocast) and started watching some youtube then went to some forums and i noticed my videos were not loading anymore so checked my speedtest and got 1.6 down .25 up so i thought wtf and texted one of my friend who lives in the same apartment complex and he said his internet was fine. i pay for 15 down and 2 up which here is almost $75 a month so i thought to download HotSpotShield again and immediately did i not shoot up to 16mbps down but my upload went up to 14mbps. In the morning i will be calling my isp and ask what is going on because they have done this before about 2 months ago and said that they dont throttle i call BS.

So long story short i have now bought HSS elite and will never surf again without it unless something happens with the company. I recommend you at least try it if dont already have a vpn it might actually help you get around throttling and it keeps you private. Everything was easy to understand and the set up process from the download takes less than 2 minutes its all automated and fairly easy to understand.

Note: this is my result you may not see as much of an increase/benifit as i did

As many may have noticed I'm constantly complaining about my 3Mbps download and .3 Mbps upload.

Used hotspot shield and I'm getting about 8-10Mbps down and 10Mbps upload O.o this insane.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

I don't mean to gloat, but I was pulling 40MB/s from origin on the titan fall beta earlier today, i only pay for 50mb/s so idk what was going on there. But I'm glad you guys have a workaround for some better speeds! :)

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

I don't mean to gloat, but I was pulling 40MB/s from origin on the titan fall beta earlier today, i only pay for 50mb/s so idk what was going on there. But I'm glad you guys have a workaround for some better speeds! :)

that might just be the origin servers. Not always the ISP's fault. Also, especially with higher bandwith connections, you rarely get close to the advertised speed. A gigabit connection at my friend's house only gave me 700 megabits max even wired with it being the only computer running. 

that might just be the origin servers. Not always the ISP's fault. Also, especially with higher bandwith connections, you rarely get close to the advertised speed. A gigabit connection at my friend's house only gave me 700 megabits max even wired with it being the only computer running. 

40MB/s wayyyyyyyyyy more than 50Mbps just saying.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

No 40 Megabytes per second, while i pay for 50 megaBITS per second. So i was pulling 40 while paying for 11  :ph34r: I was confused and amazed at the same time  :P

40MB/s wayyyyyyyyyy more than 50Mbps just saying.

oops my mistake. Or his rather, because I think he meant to say 40mb (capitalized being megaBYTES)

at my parents house i was getting some fast speeds for the beta download as well it was 12 gigs for the game and usually takes around 3-4 hours so left and came back and it was done in an hour and half

its GE (pause) TechNicks

my rig plus everything i have bought for it http://pcpartpicker.com/p/30sNV

No 40 Megabytes per second, while i pay for 50 megaBITS per second. So i was pulling 40 while paying for 11  :ph34r: I was confused and amazed at the same time  :P

it might be just your hard drive catching up or something? You should call your ISP to complain and ask them to throttle you lol

it might be just your hard drive catching up or something? You should call your ISP to complain and ask them to throttle you lol

I'm pretty sure it was live, my network usage flew to 100% and was pinned there haha. I was throttled within 5 minutes :P

I'm pretty sure it was live, my network usage flew to 100% and was pinned there haha. I was throttled within 5 minutes :P

I thought that Origin was BS'ing me and checked the disk usage on my HD and it matched up and I was like O_O

I wonder if it's possible to dig underground and somehow attach a cable to the fiber lines to get the maximum unthrottled speed for free lol I'm sure someone must have done that before to get free service.