Question about Scythe Fuma

bubnu
On 2/26/2019 at 6:21 PM, Taf the Ghost said:

The Fuma has some wonky issues with mounting pressure. It can test better than the Noctua, but that can also crack a mother board. At least with rev.A. Rev.B performs at about the price category. With high-end air coolers, the performance is pretty linear.

Hey man I'm in the same dylema as OP and was wondering where you got that "can also crack your motherboard" thing? I'm not insinuating it's false, just curios :)

4 hours ago, bubnu said:

Hey man I'm in the same dylema as OP and was wondering where you got that "can also crack your motherboard" thing? I'm not insinuating it's false, just curios :)

You'd need to look up early Fuma reviews. It was an issue. You could get some nutty results because the mounting system allowed you to keep putting pressure down. It made for some wild testing results across the board, but an end-user could also crack a motherboard because it could put down so much pressure. At least, that was the issue when I looked into it like 2 years ago. The further revisions prevent the motherboard cracking issue, but they also aren't throwing out insane cooling results.

@bubnu

This thread was split off older thread. Please make your own rather than necro and hijack others.

As for your question, Scythe has already released second edition of Fuma.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2020 at 6:13 PM, bubnu said:

I got one and I LOVE IT. 

I have an i7 8700k delidded at 5.1Ghz all cores (-2 avx) at 1.408 v and when gaming and streaming (Nvenc) i'm around 67 C average with not bothering at all noise (of course it's not dead silent since I have 9 fans total in my pc.)