airflow in my case

k0enf0rNL

my build is below. I wil be getting a fancontroller too. What do you recommend for my h100i? exhaust or intake? and push/pull? if i put it as exhaust i will have negative airpressure. if i put it as intake i will have positive airpressure. but then the only exhaust will be the 140mm fan at the back.

i will put 1 140mm at the back 2 120mm at the h100i 2 140mm as intake in the gront and 1 120mm as intake in the bottom.

current rig (march 2023)

case: Corsair obsidian 750D   mobo: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming   cpu: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x   cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240   memory: G.skill 32GB DDR4-3000   gpu: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3  PSU: seasonic X-series 850W

my build is below. I wil be getting a fancontroller too. What do you recommend for my h100i? exhaust or intake? and push/pull? if i put it as exhaust i will have negative airpressure. if i put it as intake i will have positive airpressure. but then the only exhaust will be the 140mm fan at the back.

i will put 1 140mm at the back 2 120mm at the h100i 2 140mm as intake in the gront and 1 120mm as intake in the bottom.

Exhaust out on the h100i, intake on the front, outake on the back. Push pull doesn't help much with the h100i because the radiator is so thin.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

It doesn't make that much difference to pressure as to where you fit it as intake or exhaust, assuming you will still have the same amount of fans in the case the pressure will be the same... As to where to fit it, this is your preference. I would always go with exhaust but can't really tell you why, other that the fact that if the rad is on the intake then other components passively cooled, as well as your gpu, will suck in hotter air.

EDIT: should've made it clear I was talking in terms of CPU temps only when I said your preference, but for the rest of the system included then exhaust is the only way to go really

OnePlus 6T

obsidian-750D-air.jpg

Well from the way you described your setup it seems all you can really do is decide where to place the H100i.  Most every build i've seen they have placed it at the top (usually as pull).  Hopefully this pic will help others help you

obsidian-750D-air.jpg

Well from the way you described your setup it seems all you can really do is decide where to place the H100i.  Most every build i've seen they have placed it at the top (usually as pull).  Hopefully this pic will help others help you

thanks :) i will be leaving 1 drive cage in so i can use the other space for a 120mm fan. so i will have 3 intake and 3 outtake. i can change it if i want to.

current rig (march 2023)

case: Corsair obsidian 750D   mobo: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming   cpu: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x   cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240   memory: G.skill 32GB DDR4-3000   gpu: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3  PSU: seasonic X-series 850W