Restart takes 5 minutes

nox_

I've ran into an annoying issue with Win10, my system boots very quickly, under 5 seconds or so, it shutdowns fairly instantly also but when it comes to restart it takes very long time, it varies but most of the time it takes over 5 minutes which is very annoying, no idea why it is, my system is dualboot, used linux on it mostly and only recently started using Windows so I'm not sure if this issue is new or not. Any ideas what might cause this? Windows version 1909 build 1863.720

Can you tell a bit more about what exact phase of restart is taking that much time? Is it stuck during shutdown or boot up? Or somewhere in the middle? 

14 minutes ago, Net Runner said:

Can you tell a bit more about what exact phase of restart is taking that much time? Is it stuck during shutdown or boot up? Or somewhere in the middle? 

I browsed ltt forum, then downloaded a program that requires restart after installation, I try to restart and it takes 5 minutes,the first phase so to speak. It happens in multiple scenarios, this is just one example.When it comes to booting after restart it takes few seconds. I'm stuck with this for 5 minutes:

win10-update-stuck-on-restarting-1.png

It looks like some application that is running in the background is preventing Windows 10 to restart in a timely fashion. That is pretty strange since as you have mentioned previously regular shutdown goes lightning fast. Try remembering the latest software you have installed and uninstalling those applications to see if it helps. Also, try checking for Windows Updates, this might be an update that is trying to be installed during the reboot, fails and tries once again. 

No updates pending, uninstalled all recently installed software also.