Low FPS in COD warzone

13 hours ago, Richie9 said:

I am now thermal throttling, so I'll have to reapply thermal paste. Any recommendations?

How much fps are you getting on average? I don't have a good idea about thermal pastes. BTW how much are your cpu and GPU temps and clockspeeds now while gaming? 

6 hours ago, IXMachina said:

The igpu will always work because it is directly connected to the monitor. Your nvidia GPU will do the calculations and send it to the igpu, the igpu then processes it and displays it to your monitor. Therefore disabling it will not help you in anyway and that is why you always see a load in your igpu.

I wasn't sure if that was the case, but it makes sense now. Should the igpu be running around 60% though?

Edited by Richie9

On 3/28/2020 at 6:19 AM, IXMachina said:

How much fps are you getting on average? I don't have a good idea about thermal pastes. BTW how much are your cpu and GPU temps and clockspeeds now while gaming? 

Sry for late response. I've been testing mainly Fortnite, and I average 85 fps on all low settings with far viewing distance. I am still getting fps drops, but not quite as often. I think it's bc of my temperatures now.

Cpu temp:  88°C-92°C

Gpu temp: around 80°C

After updating my bios, I had one game that was PERFECT and I was able to run completely maxed out graphics at an average 80 fps. Once I launched Warzone, that's when I noticed issue and it has continued over into any of my games.

I have noticed that one of my fans seems to be blowing cool air up through the left side of the keyboard. Does anyone know if the computer comes with a warranty from ASUS? I bought mine from Best Buy less than two months ago after returning two others bc of coil wine. The one I have now still has terrible coil wine, but I was told that basically any laptop will have the same issue. Is coil wine another problem you guys face? My 15-day return policy at Best Buy expired a few weeks ago. What are my options for returning/repairing through ASUS?

Edited by Richie9

52 minutes ago, Richie9 said:

Sry for late response. I've been testing mainly Fortnite, and I average 85 fps on all low settings with far viewing distance. I am still getting fps drops, but not quite as often. I think it's bc of my temperatures now.

Cpu temp:  88°C-92°C

Gpu temp: around 80°C

After updating my bios, I had one game that was PERFECT and I was able to run completely maxed out graphics at an average 80 fps. Once I launched Warzone, that's when I noticed issue and it has continued over into any of my games.

how are your CPU clock speeds while gaming?

I just tested and found that my cpu hit at least 94°C and gpu got up to 83°C. My cpu clock speed was 3.800 Mhz. The clock speeds started off strong around 4 Mhz, then went down to 3.8 Mhz within 5 mins.

Something has to be wrong with my cooling. My gpu fan seems to be pushing cool air out. The reason I may be seeing such low gpu usage could be from it overheating due to it's improper cooling system. The igpu might be picking up some of the slack and in turn heating in the cpu. This is just a THEORY but it seems like a possibility. At least in my head...

I have seen a YouTube video where this person poked tiny holes throughout this black tape that covers the fans. He claimed it helps a lot with the airflow. The purpose of the tape is to keep dust out. Would it even be a good idea to do this? *You can see the tape by just looking through the two main fan intake slot arrays.

11 hours ago, Richie9 said:

I have seen a YouTube video where this person poked tiny holes throughout this black tape that covers the fans. He claimed it helps a lot with the airflow. The purpose of the tape is to keep dust out. Would it even be a good idea to do this? *You can see the tape by just looking through the two main fan intake slot arrays.

yeah lot of people have done this to reduce the temps in this system, just make sure you take off the entire thing intact so that you can stick it back in( if you wanna preserve warranty). Oh and apparently removing the metal covers inside reduces the temps too, but there is no way to do this without snapping them off.

12 hours ago, Richie9 said:

I just tested and found that my cpu hit at least 94°C and gpu got up to 83°C. My cpu clock speed was 3.800 Mhz. The clock speeds started off strong around 4 Mhz, then went down to 3.8 Mhz within 5 mins.

i see, mine never even goes to 4Ghz, it almost always stays at around 3.7Ghz.

14 hours ago, Richie9 said:

I have noticed that one of my fans seems to be blowing cool air up through the left side of the keyboard. Does anyone know if the computer comes with a warranty from ASUS? I bought mine from Best Buy less than two months ago after returning two others bc of coil wine. The one I have now still has terrible coil wine, but I was told that basically any laptop will have the same issue. Is coil wine another problem you guys face? My 15-day return policy at Best Buy expired a few weeks ago. What are my options for returning/repairing through ASUS?

The model which i received has no noticeable coil wine. The laptop has a warranty of 1 year from the date of purchase. 

I rly just used "Mhz" instead of "Ghz"... Sry for any confusion. I meant to say Ghz when referring to clock speeds.

I think my best bet would be to send my unit in to ASUS to see if they can fix the problem. If not, then I'll try everything I can to fix the thing.

When gaming, I have also noticed painfully hot components spanning from the upper middle keyboard to the 3 small led lights. Could this indicate anything suspicious? Although it prbly just contributes evidence towards there being some sort of cooling problem.

12 hours ago, Richie9 said:

When gaming, I have also noticed painfully hot components spanning from the upper middle keyboard to the 3 small led lights. Could this indicate anything suspicious? Although it prbly just contributes evidence towards there being some sort of cooling problem.

That part heats up for me too. I think that's normal because that's the region where the CPU and GPU sits. But there is definitely issues with the cooling system they implemented on this lap.

I am literally updating Fortnite while in Windows mode, and my laptop sounds like a jet engine. My cpu temp is somehow at 85°C and my fans are almost at max speed. I'm definitely calling up ASUS. I'll post updates on how the situation is handled.

The cool air coming through the left side of the keyboard was a stupid complaint. It's on the right side as well, prbly meaning it's completely normal. The middle, however, is very hot. Sry again for any misinformation/confusion.

I'm not able to reach them through their number for some reason, but I emailed them and 3 days later, no response. I guess I have to wait for all of this COVID-19 stuff to clear up before I'll be able to seek help from any businesses.

• 2 weeks later...
If High CPU(100%) usage is causing stuttering /Lag
Even though you have high end PC; try this Fix. Worked for me 9th i7 2060ti

share the video if worked 
Help others 

On 4/18/2020 at 9:35 AM, Dr2fix said:
If High CPU(100%) usage is causing stuttering /Lag
Even though you have high end PC; try this Fix. Worked for me 9th i7 2060ti

share the video if worked 
Help others 

I'm pretty sure my problem is heat related. My cpu runs at 80°C in bios.

The same laptop and the same performance. MSI afterburner shows the gpu usage is around 40%...and the usage is low in csgo and pubg. Other games run fine. Don't know why.

If it's solved please let me know.

Drivers info: BIOS version 300. Vega graphics version 26.20.12036.3004.  Nvidia 445.87 DCH. And I'm using the latest chipset drivers.

Maybe you can check the cpu power consuming  during gaming or check it in the aida 64 stress test. See if it reaches 35w TDP.  Mine is stable at 3.75ghz and 89 ℃ at 35w. But it drops to 25w while cpu stress testing and running furmark at the same time.  (BTW AMD uProf is a good monitor app to check the current power consuption more accurately)

The temps of igpu and cpu are shown different in HWiNFO64. SO I think the throttling is caused by the igpu instead of cpu.

These are basically what I've found.