Anyone found a solution for the front panel of NZXT H1?

I am absolutely loving my NZXT H1, but one thing I am missing from switching to Ryzen is the front panel USB 3.1 Gen 2 connector. I frequently use it to move large data files on and off my PC to a portable SSD, and as many of you may know most Ryzen X570 boards dont have the internal USB 3.1 Gen 2 header. So essentially I only have one full sized USB 3 port of the top of the case which is making things rather difficult when the motherboard only has 5 ports as is. 

My question is, does anyone know of a cable that would take the internal USB 3.0 20 pin connector and have it split out to a USB C, AND USB Type A. Even if the mounting is different I could find a way to make it work in the case. My searching has not yielded any results. Just wondering if anyone has found anything.   

The attached picture is an example of how sliger approaches the same issue, and unfortunately they will not sell just the cable.    

Just wondered if anyone else ran into or was bothered by this.

frontpanelconnector.png

frontpanelconnector2.png

If your going to use the usb 3 header why does it matter if its usb c?

You would get the same results speed wise from a usb a to usb c cable .

Unless im misunderstanding what you are saying.

22 minutes ago, RonnieOP said:

If your going to use the usb 3 header why does it matter if its usb c?

You would get the same results speed wise from a usb a to usb c cable .

Unless im misunderstanding what you are saying.

The top ports on the NZXT H1 are 1 USB A, and a separate cable (USB 3.1 gen 2) Type C.

large_63076439ae53360f.png

6 minutes ago, A_Wild_SkyBear said:

The top ports on the NZXT H1 are 1 USB A, and a separate cable (USB 3.1 gen 2) Type C.

large_63076439ae53360f.png

Ok i see now.

I dont know of a cable like what your talking about.

Might just be worth getting a usb hub or a usb pcie card.

• 5 months later...

Hello there,

I've recently purchased my NZXT H1 case and am getting a Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi motherboard. Will be running into this issue as well, so was wondering if you got this resolved? 

• 2 weeks later...

I appreciate your response (lack thereof) I'll zap the new 30 series GPU into my case, lol 

• 4 months later...

I solved this by buying a £4 adaptor from AliExpress and using the rear USBC port. I have a Gigabyte B550i board with no internal header that is compatible. 

The internal header cable is routed to the bottom and connected via the adaptor. My only issue so far is the port only works in one orientation. But I think that might be the port on my case being dusty or faulty rather than anything here (maybe wrong, it’s early days with this mod)

The link is:

£4.88 | ADTLink Internal USB3.1 24PIN E type to C type Flat Cable USB C device extension up to USB 3.1 Gen2 , 10G/bps
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mt5wNH3

And you want the F9T T6A-NC (or T6A, apparently NC means “no chip” - from what I could tell, the chip is for high powered charging which this board doesn’t support from its rear panel port anyway so NC is what I went for)

D379E1C8-BD30-4CF6-89D7-1D8C281EB303.jpeg