Display troubleshooting Help (I promise this wont be a pain)

Go to solution Solved by SpookyCitrus,
1 hour ago, Scorpio 72472 said:

Is there anyway I can test it without me replacing the motherboard just for the sake of checking. (hardware enthusiast senses are tickling me :)) )

PS: I love the meshify series

If you know someone with a compatible board you can test your components on their board or test their components in yours, CPU, GPU, and everything. The only other test I think you can run that you didn't is testing both GPUs in another PC. You've done every diagnostic/fix I would suggest. It's not software as you have done both DDU and a fresh Windows install, and if both GPUs exhibit the issue it's most likely not them, after GPU I'd say monitor, but you've ruled that out as you've used a different HDMI as well as tested on a completely different monitor where it did the same thing, that's not it. If it's not software, GPU, or Monitor it leaves the other hardware. CPU doesn't really make sense but it is possible. The pcie slot being bad on the motherboard makes the most sense to me. I think your next step if both GPUs work in another computer is motherboard replacement. If you have a Bestbuy or Microcenter nearby buy one from there as they have good return policies and will normally be pretty chill if you have to return the new one, if you do not have a local store that sells motherboards or you do and it does't have a good return policy, order from Amazon.

Specs: R5 2600x, RTX 2060 (zotac), 16gb ram, b450m bazooka plus

Note: time stamps for the video: 00:18, 00:48, 01:28

So basically my desktop monitor shows artifacting when displaying dark or black colors plus the monitor does some huge jittering from time to time and turns off for a few seconds randomly (1-2 minutes interval). Peak load and Idle both times

The troubleshooting I've done
1) tried a different HDMI cable - problem persists
2) replaced power cable 3 times - problem persists
3) swapped my rtx 2060 with a GTX 750 2gb gddr5 - problem persists
4) Used a different monitor with both GPUs - problem persists
5) used different cables with both GPUs - problem persists
6) used a HDMI to VGA converter and connected to a different port of the main monitor - problem persists

7) updated all the drivers (even the generic pnp drivers) - problem persists
8. reinstalled the entire f****** win 10 by formatting - problem persists

I am literally at a loss of words, seeing the artifacting i thought my GPU is dying but since the other one showed the same issue, I'd say the GPU is fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Note: In the span of me composing this topic the black screen occured 8 times and jittered 3times

Note: this video of yesterday. (today it's much worse)

Note: used DDU for every GPU driver install/uninstall

Note: this happens even before the sign-in window in windows during startup so, this must be a hardware defict of sorts

Could be a bad pcie slot, I'd say try another slot but the Bazooka-M only has one. 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

2 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Could be a bad pcie slot, I'd say try another slot but the Bazooka-M only has one. 

Is there anyway I can test it without me replacing the motherboard just for the sake of checking. (hardware enthusiast senses are tickling me :)) )

1 hour ago, Scorpio 72472 said:

If you know someone with a compatible board you can test your components on their board or test their components in yours, CPU, GPU, and everything. The only other test I think you can run that you didn't is testing both GPUs in another PC. You've done every diagnostic/fix I would suggest. It's not software as you have done both DDU and a fresh Windows install, and if both GPUs exhibit the issue it's most likely not them, after GPU I'd say monitor, but you've ruled that out as you've used a different HDMI as well as tested on a completely different monitor where it did the same thing, that's not it. If it's not software, GPU, or Monitor it leaves the other hardware. CPU doesn't really make sense but it is possible. The pcie slot being bad on the motherboard makes the most sense to me. I think your next step if both GPUs work in another computer is motherboard replacement. If you have a Bestbuy or Microcenter nearby buy one from there as they have good return policies and will normally be pretty chill if you have to return the new one, if you do not have a local store that sells motherboards or you do and it does't have a good return policy, order from Amazon.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

12 hours ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Thanks mate, I'll look into it