Looking for a KVM switch or other alternative to use multiple computers with the same peripherals

Chris32

Since the COVID-19 pandemic is becoming a more and more serious problem, everyone in our company is now working from home. I already have a UGreen 4 Ports USB 3.0 Sharing Switch for 2 PCs so that I can easily switch my mouse and keyboard between my gaming PC and my work laptop with the press of a button. However, this solution obviously doesn't work for my two monitors and for my headset so I still have to plug these into the device I am currently using manually every time.

The main problem is that the cable management on my table doesn't allow quickly plugging my headset and my monitors out of my pc and into my work laptop. To do so, I would have to crawl under the table every time and even move the entire table away from the wall so that I can grab the monitor cables and plug them into the laptop on the table. This is just way too inconvenient which is why I currently only use my main monitor via HDMI for the laptop and via DisplayPort for the gaming PC so I do not need to plug anything out of my PC (I do not use my second monitor for work at all). I also don't use my good headset for work and instead I use some crappy logitech USB headset which has horrible sound and microphone quality which we basically got for free at work.

Does anyone know a decent KVM switch or other solution which allows me to easily switch ALL of my peripherals between my PC and my work laptop?

I want to use the following peripherals on my PC and my work laptop:

• Keyboard (HyperX Alloy Elite RGB): 2x USB, one for the keyboard and one for an additional USB slot on the actual keyboard to plug in a flash drive or something else (I do not necessarily need the additional USB slot so if the switch doesn't have enough USB ports it would still be okay)
  • Mouse (Logitech G502 Proteus): 1x USB
  • USB HUB: 1x USB
  • Headset (Takstar Pro 82 with attached Antlion ModMic Uni): 1x 3,5mm output and USB or another 3,5mm jack for the microphone input. The USB is because I currently use an external USB soundcard just for the microphone input on my gaming PC because with the 3,5mm jack on my mainboard the microphone quality is very bad. My work laptop (Fujitsu LIFEBOOK E558) also has just one audio jack so I probably need to use USB for the microphone on the switch as well.
  • Main Monitor (Samsung C24FG73): 1x DisplayPort
  • Second Monitor (BenQ GL2460): 1x HDMI - I might upgrade this monitor in the future so it would be nice if I could replace this with DisplayPort instead of HDMI without running into problems

I already searched for KVM switches that would work with all of my peripherals but I could not find anything reasonably priced. I do not want to spend like $250 just for a switch and even the ones that cost that much would only support one of my screens at the same time. It is also important to me that there is no noticable additional latency introduced by the switch.

Are my requirements so unusual or why can I not find a decent solution for my problem? I can't imagine that I am the only person trying to use the same peripherals with multiple computers.

• 8 months later...