Which 240Hz Monitor is the Best?

JonoT

If you guys only tested out of the box color/settings, it would have been useful to show a before/after calibration thing at the end of the video.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Can somebody give me a bit of clarification:

11:40 The color test shows numbers at the top in relation to the color deviation?  If this is so lower would be better right? So why is the LG ranked 3rd (in a higher is better scale?) when it has lower numbers than the Acer. Was this a editing error or just something that I dont understand?

This is fairly important clarification for me, as that I am days away from picking a monitor and in my own score the LG would win if it had a better color scale.

23 hours ago, JonoT said:

Sorry cant say i liked this video.  :(

Overly subjective, and little objective data presented on screen.

The Acer Nitro XV273X is a VERY accurate display out of the box (1.3 delta as tested by rtings, ), assuming u chose the correct preset, and BFI is 240hz capable as reviewed by rtings.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/acer/nitro-xv273x

IF the Acer was using the accurate preset then this video goes to show how few people actually know what a game should look like on a color accurate display. Ofc we dont know, the Acer may well have been using an inaccurate preset, without that objective data we cant tell, and thats the issue with this video, not enough objective data presented.

These kinds of subjective videos are all well and good but only IF ALL the objective data relevant to the subjective tests, is displayed. Without it, these videos become very misleading.

Perhaps LTT should contact the rtings team and consider a collaborative video going through every aspects of displays in a objective manner, and perhaps also some subjective fun thrown in.

LTTs biggest weakness when it comes to PC orientated tech, is in displays, and this video is a prime example.

Sorry guys, thumbs down on this vid.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |