Local ip with a port conversion to domain

Go to solution Solved by Master Disaster,
8 minutes ago, YouDontHaveToKnow said:

Hello I'm running a couple of server for me and some services for my friends.It is getting hard to track which port is fpr what service.also I'm using no-ip for my friends if that helps.I'm currently a fan of using hostnames to acess a server trough pihole as my dns and dhcp server.I would like if I could do something like this 192.168.1.69:110 → pc.local/apache for example or apache.pc.local.Is this possible with pi-hole or something else?

Internally yes assuming you know how to add DNS server records, externally nope. You want an internet domain you have to register it with an external DNS (at least as far as I'm aware anyway).

Personally I just made a simple Intranet landing page with a drop down selector for all my locally running services and set it as my home page on my browser. If I want to access a service I select it from the list and it loads, I don't have to remember any ports.

Hello I'm running a couple of server for me and some services for my friends.It is getting hard to track which port is fpr what service.also I'm using no-ip for my friends if that helps.I'm currently a fan of using hostnames to acess a server trough pihole as my dns and dhcp server.I would like if I could do something like this 192.168.1.69:110 → pc.local/apache for example or apache.pc.local.Is this possible with pi-hole or something else?

8 minutes ago, YouDontHaveToKnow said:

Internally yes assuming you know how to add DNS server records, externally nope. You want an internet domain you have to register it with an external DNS (at least as far as I'm aware anyway).

Personally I just made a simple Intranet landing page with a drop down selector for all my locally running services and set it as my home page on my browser. If I want to access a service I select it from the list and it loads, I don't have to remember any ports.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

5 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

I was also thinking of doing that,but I find it nicer for my ocd when i have it in a domain/subdomain design.But this not bad so will probably use it.Thanks