Opinions on Sennheiser?

T.Vengeance

So I know there's quite a negative stigma on Beats headphones. But how about Sennheiser? In the range of the HD518s all the way to the HD598. (not looking for advice on what to buy. I'm just curious that's all.)

Something I do like about my HD598s are how open and neutral and crisp they sound...though admittedly I've never try many pairs of headphones.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

You either love the sound or you hate the sound. Build quality isn't as great as some others, but still solid enough usually.

I've heard good things about them. Never tried them personally but from reviews I've read etc. they seem to be good.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

The difference between beats and sennheiser is that sennheiser grew their company from the ground up, in order to succeed they had to prove their products were good, they had to work hard to become the industry standard. Beats however were the brain child of a marketing guru that already had a cult following and successful business model.  Remember beats were originally supposed to be shoes, but dr dre didn't want to follow the cliche product marketing trend of his peers so he decided to do headphones instead.  Long story short beats are a fashion marketing business venture, Beats without sound quality are still popular, sennhiesers without sound quality are just a failure.

every time someone recommends senns it is most likely the result of a well performing product, Yet every time someone recommends beats it is mostly the result of clever marketing.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

2 year warranty is nice. It means they are confident in their product.
Sound quality. (maybe not on the cheaper end)

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

I luv my HD598s :3

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

I have a pair of HD 429s (the mobile version, exact same with an in-line mic) and they're freaking brilliant. I love them, even when plugged into a phone they're significantly better than anything else I've ever listened to. I hope to be soon investing in a pair of HD 650s for my PC

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness