DRAM led constant orange, System randomly not posting, Asus Strix X570-F Gaming, 3950X, G.Skill neo

Gertsch

Hey guys,

so I've got two problems here.

My parts:
Asus Strix X570-F Gaming
AMD 3950X
64GB G Skill NEO, DDR4 3600 CL16 (4x 16GB)
GTX 1080 TI
Samsung 970 EVO

Problem #1:
I built this machine three weeks ago and it sometimes keeps getting stuck at (not even) boot since a few days. The system basically works and I got to install WIN 10 and everything else I need.
On Monday the DRAM-led started to glow orange permanently when I tried to start the machine.
I then removed all the memory sticks and tried to boot with every single module in the first slot.
Somehow every single stick works and it boots.
I then put them all back in and it worked like a charm, did one run of memtest86 and no errors.

Today on Friday the same thing happend again after I put it to hibernate and it woke up randomly from an "unknown source".
Instead of taking every module out again, I just removed the CMOS battery and cleared the cmos with a jumper.
The system then restarted a few times and booted, so this also worked.

Anything I can do now to prevent this?
Any tips?

Problem #2:

I don't know if this is somehow connected to my other problem, but the system periodically keeps waking from hibernate.
I set wake timers to off and removed the option on my periphery devices to wake the system.
But still, the system keeps waking from hibernate.
The event viewer just shows it has worked because of an "unknown source".

Any thoughts on that matter?

Thanks!

This is just a long shot but have you tried reseating the CPU? I don't know if its applicable on AMD CPUs since they have a different pin system but if the CPU isn't seated properly it can have issues with memory. Also I would make sure you have the latest BIOS for your board.

ROG Strix AMD

---------------

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900HX GPU: AMD RX 6800M RAM: 16GB DDR4 Storage: 512GB + 1TB Intel SSD

Thanks, the bios and everything else is up to date.
System is working at the moment, but I will reseat the CPU today.

Any idea about the hibernate thing?