Looking a good set of earbuds

Ryoku
Go to solution Solved by ShearMe,

I'm not looking to spend that much but if I have to I will, I'm also interested in other good options if you guys have suggestions.

@Lauen and I enjoy(ed) the JBL J33. It's $80 CDN on amazon I think. Not as professional-sounding and flat or accurate as those ER-4's, but also not nearly as expensive. Etymotic's cheaper IEMs are good as well, as far as I've heard from Mr. Rarity. Edit: the MC5 got good scores in the compilation linked below.

There's a big 'ole list with reviews here if you wanna really go hunting.

Hey everyone,  So I'm looking for a quality set of earbuds for using with my phone/mp3 player.  I was looking at these http://www.amazon.ca/Etymotic-Research-ER-4PT-Noise-Isolating-Earphones/dp/B004CXBJ6A/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=WPDI2ZOZY14Z&coliid=I2E7NXZTL2Z3H6 but am wondering if they are worth the price tag?  Anyone have them, tried them or have other recommendations?

budget uhh $300 give or take. Also not looking for bass heavy headphones.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

Hey everyone,  So I'm looking for a quality set of earbuds for using with my phone/mp3 player.  I was looking at these http://www.amazon.ca/Etymotic-Research-ER-4PT-Noise-Isolating-Earphones/dp/B004CXBJ6A/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=WPDI2ZOZY14Z&coliid=I2E7NXZTL2Z3H6 but am wondering if they are worth the price tag?  Anyone have them, tried them or have other recommendations?

I used them for about a month a little over 2 years ago, they were alright, pretty flat and which means not bass heavy by most individuals standards. 

I used them for about a month a little over 2 years ago, they were alright, pretty flat and which means not bass heavy by most individuals standards. 

I'm not looking for bass heavy headphones.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

You don't have to spend a lot to get good IEM's, but if you want to I wont stop you. I'd think Linus's review sums them up pretty well.

I'm not looking for bass heavy headphones.

Then they might do you well, there is only one way to find out though. 

And it involves buying them, since you are buying through Amazon, just return them within thirty days if you don't like them

Then they might do you well, there is only one way to find out though. 

And it involves buying them, since you are buying through Amazon, just return them within thirty days if you don't like them

You don't have to spend a lot to get good IEM's, but if you want to I wont stop you. I'd think Linus's review sums them up pretty well.

I'm not looking to spend that much but if I have to I will, I'm also interested in other good options if you guys have suggestions.

@Lauen and I enjoy(ed) the JBL J33. It's $80 CDN on amazon I think. Not as professional-sounding and flat or accurate as those ER-4's, but also not nearly as expensive. Etymotic's cheaper IEMs are good as well, as far as I've heard from Mr. Rarity. Edit: the MC5 got good scores in the compilation linked below.

@Lauen and I enjoy(ed) the JBL J33. It's $80 CDN on amazon I think. Not as professional-sounding and flat or accurate as those ER-4's, but also not nearly as expensive. Etymotic's cheaper IEMs are good as well, as far as I've heard from Mr. Rarity.

Yea I was looking at the hf5's from Etymotic as well. Thanks I'll check that out.