Ping issues

red_jelly

Hey guys, i've been playing a fair bit of games while on break for uni and i've come across an issue. when i play a shooter online like BF4 and Titanfall i have a ping of 900+ even if the server is in my own state. why do you think this is? My dad is a IT guru do you think it has something to do with his Firewalls?

Cpu: 5820K @4.0GHz   Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-SLI    Ram: Patriot Signature 16GB @ 2133   GPU: Gigabyte G1 980  Soundcard: ASUS DX  

Speakers: Logitech Z906 and Astro A40's   Keyboard: Logitech G510

are you at home or at residence at uni?

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

Home

Cpu: 5820K @4.0GHz   Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-SLI    Ram: Patriot Signature 16GB @ 2133   GPU: Gigabyte G1 980  Soundcard: ASUS DX  

are you at home or at residence at uni?

home

Im guessing you know how to ping stuff from CMD , try pinging 192.168.1.1 , also wifi or hard wired? just try pinging some random sites and tell me what you get

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

Wired.

Aha "request timed out". But i did try ping.net and i pinged a server in asia and i got 1506ms. I live in australia by the way

i pinged google and i got an avgerage of 58ms. i pinged my own site and i got an average of 1422ms

really you cant even ping yourself.. you did ping 192.168.1.1 right... thats really wierd , i get 1ms wired , i want to say its a firewall or some interference hopefully some one else can hop in and help.

really you cant even ping yourself.. you did ping 192.168.1.1 right... thats really wierd , i get 1ms wired , i want to say its a firewall or some interference hopefully some one else can hop in and help.

i know it's bad. Hopefully but Thank you for the help! :)

192.168.1.1 only works with some routers (it can be set to anything) other common configurations include

and others open up cmd type ipconfig then look at you ipv4 number ping the address but change the last digit to 0 or 1 or 100.

pinning Google shows a good ping.  try more local bf4 servers.  is it still over 100ms

run this http://www.speedtest.net/

what are your results for up down and ping

Edited by ross06187

192.168.1.1 only works with some routers (it can be set to anything) other common configurations include

and others open up cmd type ipconfig then look at you ipv4 number ping the address but change the last digit to 0 or 1 or 100.

pinning Google shows a good ping.  try more local bf4 servers.  is it still over 100ms

run this http://www.speedtest.net/

what are your results for up down and ping

3309559216.png

3309560634.png

This is my download speed test. It's only really on titanfall where i get 900+ ping. battlefeild is good most of the time. there is the one odd time where i get kicked for a ping of 999.

I did manage to find myself and i have a ping of 0ms so thats a solid effort, i did try it three times and thats a consitant result

3309559216.png

3309560634.png

This is my download speed test. It's only really on titanfall where i get 900+ ping. battlefeild is good most of the time. there is the one odd time where i get kicked for a ping of 999.

Are there Australia titan fall servers?

That is your real connection speed and ping to the internet which is very good. 

australia will always have bad ping to the us and to EU at least until they fiber the world together a bit more.  The in game ping is still very high though but it does not look like ISP or home internet issue.

It may not be displaying it correctly (beta ie anything over 300 = crazy numbers).

but it might be correct if your own site is also hosted on the us side of the world.

sometimes the fiber connection to Australia is clogged (higher volumes of penis enlargement emails or more people using Hotspot Shield to watch American net flicks ) and the first thing that will go is ping, it might be a temporary issue

if you really really want to play as a last resort just in case it some sort of firewall or network shaping that's causing the issues try a vpn.

Hotspot Shield is as good as any and its free for like X(too lazy to look) days to try it out.  give it a go set your location and US and see if your ping improve.

(i don't think it will but its worth a try)

Are there Australia titan fall servers?

That is your real connection speed and ping to the internet which is very good. 

australia will always have bad ping to the us and to EU at least until they fiber the world together a bit more.  The in game ping is still very high though but it does not look like ISP or home internet issue.

It may not be displaying it correctly (beta ie anything over 300 = crazy numbers).

but it might be correct if your own site is also hosted on the us side of the world.

sometimes the fiber connection to Australia is clogged (higher volumes of penis enlargement emails or more people using Hotspot Shield to watch American net flicks ) and the first thing that will go is ping, it might be a temporary issue

if you really really want to play as a last resort just in case it some sort of firewall or network shaping that's causing the issues try a vpn.

Hotspot Shield is as good as any and its free for like X(too lazy to look) days to try it out.  give it a go set your location and US and see if your ping improve.

(i don't think it will but its worth a try)

There is never any servers in australia, game devs hate us here. i might just have to wait for a while till all the people stop downloading penis pics. but thank you for your help