SennHeiser headset mod question

MajorChipHazard

Hey guys, so a month or so back I purchased the Sennheiser PC 330 headset from amazon. I got over 120$ off of it, and for what I spent it's an amazing headset, and I really like it.

My only 2 complaints are as following.

1: The earcups are not over ear, they are on ear.

2: This thing is like a vicegrip!

I had the same clenching problem with my previous headset, but, as all headsets usually do, this goes away after your breaking in period.

However, its been close to 2 months now, and if I wear this thing for more than a few hours at a time, I have to take it off because it causes so much pain, and I get a headache.  This is also worse than usual, because I wear glasses

which s notoriously bad for headset users.

Anyway, I previously had a crappy thermaltake shock one gaming headset (I think thats what it is called) I got for 20$, and it was crappy, the mic died, but the earcups were exactly what I like.  They were over ear, and my ears actually fit inside of them, unlike the sennheiser ones which push my ears down onto my glasses, which causes irritation alongside the deathgrip on my head.  

I'm currently wearing the Sennheiser headset with the ear cups removed, and the thermaltake earcups pushed up where the normal ear cups usually go.  I've been wearing it pretty much all day and I haven't felt any pain whatsoever from the headset now that I have the cups on.  However, if I adjust the headset at all, the cups are just being held there between my head and the headset, so they will fall off.

So, my question is, have you guys got any ideas on how I could replace the ear cups on my sennheiser headset, with the ones from my old headset, and make them stay in place?  Has anyone done a mod similar to this on this headset?

Sennheiser Headset: http://www.sennheiser.ca/live/senn/produit/en/2812/177/

Thermaltake headset: http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/store/Product.aspx?C=1154&SC=1164&ID=2175  (Except in white)

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K @ 4.4 GHz Motherboard: MSI Z87 G43 RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Superclocked Case: Bitfenix Ronin

Storage: 120 GB Samsung 840 series SSD, WD Green 2TB PSU: XFX core edition 650W Display(s): ASUS VE228H 21.5IN 1080P Cooling: CM Hyper 212+

Keyboard: Microsoft P.O.S Mouse: Corsair Raptor M40 Sound: Sennheiser PC 330 Headset