VPN - First time user - suggestions

Hello my friends!

Okay so I am finally going to get a VPN. I've seen ads previously on LTT what is the current go to standard that is suggested. 

Last I remember was tunnel bear head issues. All the adds I see say Express VPN. Is there one I can get that support LTT?

Thanks

Have a great weekend

I'm fairly libertarian minded and want my privacy basically. In Canada that has been issues with US companies requesting user information from IP providers and they are handing over information freely. While I don't think there is anything that I'm doing online that would be of interest I do have a business and would like my traffic and any information about clients that may be in the odd email also protected better. So lead me to finally question why arent I using a VPN in 2020

Sounds like wrong reasons. 

With a VPN your data will still be transferred in whatever way you were sending it in the first place between the VPN exit point and its destination. The appeal is that it can't be tracked to you (as long as the VPN provider doesn't give that info), but in your case it doesn't seem to be what you're concerned about.

In terms of having your data "visible" it can be actually worse in some scenarios with a VPN that without.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Just now, DenverOh said:

I'm fairly libertarian minded and want my privacy basically. In Canada that has been issues with US companies requesting user information from IP providers and they are handing over information freely. While I don't think there is anything that I'm doing online that would be of interest I do have a business and would like my traffic and any information about clients that may be in the odd email also protected better. So lead me to finally question why arent I using a VPN in 2020

Just saying a vpn doesn't really hide what your doing online from companies. They can still see all your data your using. It also really won't protect emails any more.

VPNs are really only usefull if your isp is messing withsomthing, if they aren't they really aren't any more secure and there is nothing keeping the VPNs isp from doing the same thing.