Software related dead pixel?

TTwerty
Go to solution Solved by Ceetch,

it seems to have a shadow, like what Windows puts around an application window.. I suspect that's a 1x1 pixel window on the screen for some reason... Maybe a "background" application that was meant to be positioned off screen where you wouldn't notice it.

Hi,

I got this black pixel with shadow in front of all my applications, when I hover my mouse over it it's not there.

When I replug my monitor it changes to another screen?

Tried updating nvidia drivers and it changed location.

Restarting pc does nothing.

No clue how to even Google or troubleshoot this my self as I can't put a name on this?

TbwVRvG.jpg

it seems to have a shadow, like what Windows puts around an application window.. I suspect that's a 1x1 pixel window on the screen for some reason... Maybe a "background" application that was meant to be positioned off screen where you wouldn't notice it.

1 minute ago, Ceetch said:

Very smart and well spotted!

It seems to be just this as it changes cursor as I get right on that one pixel!

Any idea how I can check what app this could be?

Aside from looking through Task Manager, I don't know of a way to figure that out without additional software.  Many other applications will show you a list of all the active windows on your screen, usually streaming software like OBS.  There's third party applications like WinLister that can do it too, but as I've never used it, I can't officially recommend it. (Make sure your Anti-virus is up to date before downloading any third party software)

4 minutes ago, Ceetch said:

Aside from looking through Task Manager, I don't know of a way to figure that out without additional software.  Many other applications will show you a list of all the active windows on your screen, usually streaming software like OBS.  There's third party applications like WinLister that can do it too, but as I've never used it, I can't officially recommend it. (Make sure your Anti-virus is up to date before downloading any third party software)

Found it through OBS, seems to be Steam webhelper, I'll have to figure out how to fix this but thanks a lot of troubleshooting!