Fans turn on as soon as PC has power

Hey Guys,

so I built a new Rig for a friend of mine with the following components.

Ryzen 5 3600

RTX2060 Super

MSI B450-A Pro Max

BeQuiet System Power 500W

Ballistix 16GB 3200

When you plug the PC into the wall and flip the switch on the power supply, the Fans of the GPU, CPU und Case turn on immediately to 100% and the EZ Debug CPU LED on the mainboard lights up. But the PC doesn’t boot, no image etc. just the fans. After pressing the power button on the case everything works fine and the PC boots into Windows. The BIOS detects all the components correctly! When shutting it down through Windows, the fans start so ramp up again and the screen is out.

I did a CMOS reset, updated the BIOS and reassembled the CPU, GPU and RAM and nothing works. Maybe it is a hardware defect but I dont know which component it is. Maybe you can help me.

Thanks! Cheers,

Moritz

|| CPU Intel Core i7 3770K | Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V Pro RAM Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz | GPU Asus GTX 680 DirectCU II TOP 2048MB GDDR5 | Case Coolermaster CM Scout 2 | Storage Samsung SSD 830 256GB, 3TB Seagate | PSU BeQuiet! Straight Power 580W | Displays BenQ XL2720T, Fujitsu 22" | Cooling Noctua NH-U14S | Keyboard Logitech G710+ | Mouse Logitech G700s | Sound Creative, Logitech G930 ||

Try a different PSU, or the Motherboard has an issue. Those seem likely the most likely 2 best guesses atm..

I can't say failure, but the motherboard is at fault for this. I had a motherboard where if it recieved power after it has been cut off, the fans would spin up for a second.