intel 545s/660p and ryzen

Hello there,

This may be a quite stupid question but I wanted to know if intel storage works with ryzen systems.

I am asking this because I want to upgrade my pc's storage.

my system is the following:

1 minute ago, filiboss123 said:

Hello there,

This may be a quite stupid question but I wanted to know if intel storage works with ryzen systems.

I am asking this because I want to upgrade my pc's storage.

my system is the following:

Yeah you should have no problem with any storage solution you choose. And you should definitely upgrade that 5400rpm HDD (not sure if you are buying the 660p to replace the sata ssd you have or your hard drive), that thing is probably really slow.

2 minutes ago, TheBahrbarian said:

Yeah you should have no problem with any storage solution you choose. And you should definitely upgrade that 5400rpm HDD, that thing is probably really slow.

I am actually not thinking on replacing it just adding some fast storage. I do not even know if that really is the right hdd, it was in my PS4 (I installed a 2tb HDD).

Thanks!

Just now, filiboss123 said:

I am actually not thinking on replacing it just adding some fast storage. I do not even know if that really is the right hdd, it was in my PS4 (I installed a 2tb HDD).

Thanks!

So a 5400 rpm hard drive is really slow by today's standards. You are only using it as bulk storage so it's probably not the end of the world, and if you have no problem with it than that's great. But these days a 7200 rpm hard drive of the same capacity are usually the exact same price (or if not very close), and those have much more usable speeds. If you're just using your hard drive for bulk storage and you will be using this new m.2 for any games or more frequently accessed files than you should be fine. Just a suggestion considering how cheap 7200 rpm drives are, but it's understandable though seeing as you got it from your PS4.

That is the plan! I just use it for pictures, documents, and some games I play. As you said it is quite slow, so it is a bit bad for gaming.The M.2 would be used mainly to store my mostly played games the rest would go to the HDD.

Thanks for the advice!