Ram Problems

Go to solution Solved by boggy77,
3 minutes ago, William23r said:

A 2600x and B450 Gigabyte aourus m

so when you go into bios and enable xmp, manually change dram voltage to 1.35 and also change soc voltage to 1.05. this should allow it to run a bit more stable. ryzen 2000 series have some problem with tthe memory controllers and sometimes struggle to run 3200 without some voltage increase.

So I have a 16gb kit of Corsair vengeance RGB pro at 3200 MHz.

ive enabled XMP and saved it in the bios then I check CPU-Z the Speed is shown as 1600 which is all good because when you double its at 3200 like it should be. But then when I check it a couple days later after rebooting a couple times the memory speeds go back to default 2133 and I go into the bios XMP is still enabled, so I turn it off and then turn it back on, then it’s back to 3200.

Should this be happening ?

if not does anyone know how I can fix it ?

CMOS battery probably on the fritz? Try changing it and see what happens. It's probably run out of juice so it's not saving your BIOS settings.

The deep blue sky is infinitely high and crystal clear.

私はオタクではありません。

it's probably not stable and sometimes it has trouble booting so it resets. what cpu and motherboard do you have?

33 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

it's probably not stable and sometimes it has trouble booting so it resets. what cpu and motherboard do you have?

34 minutes ago, Xiee said:

CMOS battery probably on the fritz? Try changing it and see what happens. It's probably run out of juice so it's not saving your BIOS settings.

How long do the battery’s usually last ?

Just now, William23r said:

How long do the battery’s usually last ?

Around 3 years I think.

The deep blue sky is infinitely high and crystal clear.

私はオタクではありません。

3 minutes ago, William23r said:

so when you go into bios and enable xmp, manually change dram voltage to 1.35 and also change soc voltage to 1.05. this should allow it to run a bit more stable. ryzen 2000 series have some problem with tthe memory controllers and sometimes struggle to run 3200 without some voltage increase.

20 hours ago, boggy77 said:

Okay thank you I’ll give it a go and then get back to you!!!!

On 3/2/2020 at 4:03 PM, boggy77 said:

Thank you !!

it seems to have worked !