rx 580 oem in dell optiplex 790 sff motherboard

Bravonic

Hi everyone,so i have this oem rx 580(pc partner) which has an 8 pin connecter...I slot the gpu in pcie x16 slot on the mobo but everytime i played any game it crash shortly...so later i decided to slot it in the pcie x4 slot and the game did not crash anymore but after 1 day when i try to boot my pc i get this weird artifacts shortly when the windows has booted to the desktop.The pattern is consistent but it happens rarely . When i hard boot the pc by pressing the power button and boot it again the pc works normally sometimes i did not get the artifacts at all...here's the problem sometimes my gpu fan wont spin at all even when it hit 60c-70c I searched google for this problem but all i found was 'newer cards will not spin until they hit certain temperature' the problem here is the gpu has already hit 70c but the fan will still not spin and here's the weird part the gpu fan will randomly spin again  ...when it do spin it will spin at the highest speed...I checked the temperature but it was fine...If it was a broken fan I think it shouldn't spin at all...My theory for this is the pcie x4 and x16 on the board doesnt provide enough power for the gpu?If this is the case will this break my gpu long term?another thing is I actually have to use a pcie x16 extender to use the gpu becuz the gpu cooler was too big for the mobo.

If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it.Ty in advance for reading 

74a1828e774469aff95a61e79a48edcd.jfif 1.jfif 4.jfif