Planning new build parts, order planned for 03/03/2020. Could use help making a few decisions.

Wyre

So I have been rolling a first generation Ryzen system since day of launch... I have $2000 to spend on CPU / Motherboard / RAM / Video card. Storage, Case, PSU are already purchased.

Currently I am looking at the following:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor
Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE ATX AM4 Motherboard
G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory
EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB XC ULTRA GAMING Video Card

This is all well within budget, was curious if there are any other options that I should look at. Thank you

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC

Do you have a specific ASUS board in mind? I am looking for a very stable (read overkill) VRM without having to spend a lot of money on the motherboard... $200 - $250 USD is kinda the max I want to spend. Thanks!

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC

23 minutes ago, Wyre said:

Do you have a specific ASUS board in mind? I am looking for a very stable (read overkill) VRM without having to spend a lot of money on the motherboard... $200 - $250 USD is kinda the max I want to spend. Thanks!

Literally any asus x570 board has better vrms than the aorus elite. So you can get the cheapest one. 

So, I have spent the better part of three weeks absorbing information about all the motherboards below the $250 mark. The ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus motherboard has a VRM that isn't quite as good as the Gigabyte X570 Elite (per Buildzoid and GN) and has Realtek LAN which is not as good as the Intel LAN that is included on the Gigabyte board. You are correct that the X570 Prime and ROG motherboards have a slightly better VRM package... However those boards are in excess of $300 USD.