HELP! Need some assistance on my NAS with a raspberry pi 3b+

Hi!

So recently I have been using my raspberry pi as an NAS and have set it all up. (Soon for my Birthday, I will upgrade my storage to a 2tb drive or something). It is working just fine, but I have something I would like to change but don't know how. So, not suprisingly, If i change my Wi-Fi or disconnect, then drives go offline and I can't access them. Does anyone know how to make it accessible over any Wi-Fi network like if I go on vacation or something and maybe even in no Wi-Fi networks. I am open to any answers, comments, or questions.

Edit: I do know this might include some sort of port forwarding and will have to ask my parents for the username/password to the config for the router and stuff to enable port forwarding.

What protocol do you use?  I wouldn't port forward SMB/CIFS or FTP.

If your router has a built in VPN function then use that.

If you just want to stream media files check out Plex or something.

PC : 3600 · Crosshair VI WiFi · 2x16GB RGB 3200 · 1080Ti SC2 · 1TB WD SN750 · EVGA 1600G2 · Define C 

So you want to access the files over the Internet? You would want to install/enable the SSH-server service then port forward on your router. For obfuscation reasons I wouldn't use the default Port 22 and would pick a port over 30,000 (try to find one not being used by any service). To further tighten the security use Public/Private key authentication and disable the ability to remote in as root.

Windows7ge, 

I do have SSH enabled and often use PuTTY for doing that. I attached a screenshot of my SSH(dont mind my second monitor). I am assuming I need to forward ports 139 and 445? Please explain anything else I need to do that I left out. 

image.png

Where are you getting 139 & 445 from?

You can access your files remotely using SFTP. This operates on the same port (22) as SSH but I'd advise to not advertise 22 on the Internet. Configure the server to use a much higher port number. Over 30,000 then I'd also recommend public/private key authentication.

I am still confused, I found FileZilla  and tried downloading it, but it won't let me to my files.

Edit: I figured out how it works and stuff, but I don't know how to make it accessible...(again, don't mind my other screen) Also, the Network dirves that you see on the left collum are the ones that are connected to my raspberry pi.

image.thumb.png.06c71065977ef0342d820b99d13082b0.png