Solved - HDMI

cso1337

Im trying to use the HDMI port on my mobo for a second display and keep using my DisplayPort in the GPU for my main 240hz monitor, when i first build this system (a few days ago) i tried only using HDMI to see if it posted but it wasnt working and i had a weird feeling it was hdmi so i tried DisplayPort through the GPU and it posted etc. But the HDMI port in the Mobo doesnt work and all others do, any fix?

i built a new pc a few days ago because i gave my old one away to brother in college, so heres the specs:

Sorry if this is all over the place im at work

Ryzen 7 2700
B450M DS3H
XFX RX580 8GB XXX GTS

16GB 3600Mhz G.Skill RipJaws
EVGA 600w BR
ssd+hdd

Just now, cso1337 said:

Im trying to use the HDMI port on my mobo for a second display and keep using my DisplayPort in the GPU for my main 240hz monitor, when i first build this system (a few days ago) i tried only using HDMI to see if it posted but it wasnt working and i had a weird feeling it was hdmi so i tried DisplayPort through the GPU and it posted etc. But the HDMI port in the Mobo doesnt work and all others do, any fix?

i built a new pc a few days ago because i gave my old one away to brother in college, so heres the specs:

Sorry if this is all over the place im at work

Ryzen 7 2700
B450M DS3H
XFX RX580 8GB XXX GTS

16GB 3600Mhz G.Skill RipJaws
EVGA 600w BR
ssd+hdd

Use the hdmi port on your gpu if it has one. The ones on your motherboard is for if you have an integrated gpu and want to use that (which you do not have so these will not work).

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Use the hdmi port on your gpu if it has one. The ones on your motherboard is for if you have an integrated gpu and want to use that (which you do not have so these will not work).

oh ok, Thank you i was concered my mobo was broke lmao