need help :/

Ls9L

so i have a bad virus and its pretty much destroying everything ive lost data, everytime i look at my desktop new apps keep popping up that i didnt install, my wifi keeps getting disconnected and i have to manually change the dns server or proxy my chrome keeps getting auto uninstalled, random things keep asking for permission that are disguised as amd drivers etc etc etc  so i need to do a clean install on windows. my question is, is there a way to keep my data i need without carrying the virus back over ? 

2 minutes ago, Ls9L said:

my question is, is there a way to keep my data i need without carrying the virus back over ? 

you can try to toss it on the cloud, put some files on google drive which the virus may not be able to infect. worth a try since you can reinstall windows indefinitely anyway.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

wipe your drive, start again. don't bother carrying anything over.

learn your lesson from it.

i have no idea how i got the virus so i dont know what to learn i guess just dont download anything lmao 

@Ls9L? What they said, and you should retrace your steps of everything you did prior to catching the virus, so it doesn't happen again. What websites were connecting to? What files did you open? etc

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

4 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

you can try to toss it on the cloud, put some files on google drive which the virus may not be able to infect. worth a try since you can reinstall windows indefinitely anyway.

i think ima just take the L and delete everything :/

5 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

okay this might sound dumb but im super new to computers i just built my first one january prior to that i always used an xbox so i didnt have to deal with this stuff lmao but what do i do like do to get rid of it just find a video on how to reinstall windows ?

1 minute ago, Ls9L said:

i have no idea how i got the virus so i dont know what to learn i guess just dont download anything lmao 

Downloading the files isn't the problem, the virus is only transmitted when you actually open the file and execute whatever program is attached to it. When you download a file, make sure you scan it first with your anti virus program before opening it. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

2 minutes ago, Ls9L said:

okay this might sound dumb but im super new to computers i just built my first one january prior to that i always used an xbox so i didnt have to deal with this stuff lmao but what do i do like do to get rid of it just find a video on how to reinstall windows ?

Yeah there are tons of guides. It's actually really easy to do, all you need is an 8gb thumb drive or something.

3 minutes ago, BlackManINC said:

the virus is only transmitted when you actually open the file and execute whatever program is attached to it.

A lot of viruses can auto install and autorun. They aren't only trojans

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

reinstall windows. from your past posts, did you just get a new virus?

I build computers and networks. Fibre Optic is my only dream imaginable. 

Studying for my CompTIA A+ and my CCNA, if you have any tips, let me know please!

Main PC: i5 8400, Saphire RX 570 4GB, ASUS TUF Z370 PLUS Gaming, 32GB 3200MHz Patriot Viper RAM, 256GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 550W Evga PSU.

Home Server: 2x Xeon e5410, 64GB DDR2 ECC

At this point because you don't know what files are infected your best bet is to do a clean wipe. There's no point in backing up a file that could be infected and re-installing windows as this will just cause the infection to happen again. To reinstall windows on a different computer download the windows media creation tool. Use an 8gb thumb drive and plug that into the computer and use that to create the installation media. On the infected computer boot to the usb drive you just created and follow the on screen prompts till you get to the drive selection to install windows. Delete all the partition by selecting each one and click delete. Then click new on the un-allocated partition and click next. This will install windows for you and youll be all set.

Ryzen 5 2600 | Cooler Master ML 240 | ASUS ROG b450 Gaming | EVGA 500BQ 80plus Bronze PSU | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz | 2x Western Digital Blue 500gb SSD | Thermal Take View 37 ARGB

2 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

Yeah there are tons of guides. It's actually really easy to do, all you need is an 8gb thumb drive or something.

A lot of viruses can auto install and autorun. They aren't only trojans

Right, wasn't really referring to trojans, but just to the type of malware that initiates the moment you open a file. Thats why he should scan any folder he downloads before he even opens it. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

On 2/26/2020 at 2:25 PM, yaboistar said:

you should have a pretty good idea of how you got the virus based on the kinds of sites you've been interacting with lately and the things you've tried to download. "just don't download anything" is not a mindset that will let you avoid doing this again in future, it's a knee-jerk reaction that will solve nothing in the long run.

examine your online behaviours, examine your trust in websites to be hosting the type of content you're after without being full of malware. examine whether you need to virus check files that you've downloaded from dubious sources. 

let's face it, you're clearly pretty young and as such you've probably got this from searching up "ultra legit cracked minecraft 2020" or something of the like. my word of advice, having been a dumb kid myself and having wiped out a system by downloading "free" versions of software, is don't. a lot of the time there are very powerful and legitimately free tools available to you.

the easiest way is to get a USB stick and another computer. download the windows media creation tool from here and go through the instructions, telling it to make a bootable USB. then insert that USB into your system, get it to boot from that USB and go through the motions of installing w10. select "i don't have a product key" and it should automatically activate. I highly reccomend that you use the installer to wipe all your drives because who knows how many times and in how many places the malware is copied.

yeah im 17 but im very new to computers because all ive used in the past was an xbox so all this virus stuff and everything is weird and ive never had to deal with it 

On 2/26/2020 at 2:44 PM, callmejaccob said:

reinstall windows. from your past posts, did you just get a new virus?

what?

On 2/26/2020 at 3:08 PM, yaboistar said:

yeah, seems seek-y to me. having "just got rid of a bad virus" and then suddenly getting another one but not having a clue as to how to get rid of it.

sigh. i think i wasted my time replying to this at all tbh.

i thought i got rid of the virus lmaoo but my wifi keeps going out and random things keep asking for permission and my games keep crashing when before they never did so i dont know what your talking about "seeking"