Gigabyte RGB control withou Fusion

So we'll start with a quick rundown of the main sections of my system relevant to todays question.

MoBo: Gigayte Aorus X470 Ultra Gaming

RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB

Fans: Corsair LL series

So, back to that question.

Up until a few weeks ago RGB Fusion would quite happily detect the RGB in my MoBo and RAM. However, it has now stopped detecting my RAM even though it is on Gigabyte's supported RGB RAM list.

Now I can regain control of the RAM if I install the HyperX Ngenuity app though this will ONLY control the RAM. BUT I have some new LL series fans arriving later today which will need to use iCue for control that would then mean I would be using 3 separate RGB control apps which is about 2 more than I would like to use, but definitely 1 more than I am willing to use.

Does anyone know of any software other than RGBFusion that can interface and control Gigabyte MoBo RGB without using RGBFusion?

The downside of RGB is that you are very much limited to each manufacturers own software. So answer is nope. What you can try is to install older/newer versions of the software and hope that it's just bug. Contacting Gigabyte support isn't bad idea either.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

It's probably something one needs to consider before buying parts. I have the issue of having Corsair ram and keyboard, and gigabyte motherboard. iCue overlaps with RGB fusion, causing the RAM to not work on the RGB side. Remove iCue and ram can be controlled, but then no control of keyboard.

Absolute nightmare. There really should be a common standard for this.

• CPU - Ryzen 7 2700
  • Motherboard - Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite
  • RAM - 2x 8GB Corsair DDR4-3200 MHZ Vengeance Pro
  • GPU - XFX Radeon RX590 8GB
  • Case - Fractal Design Focus G (because optical drive!)
  • Storage - Kingston A1000 256 NVMe System drive / 2TB Seagate HDD / ASUS generic optical drive
  • PSU - Cooler Master MWE Gold 550W modular
  • Cooling - 2x Cooler Master MF140R (in) / 4x Cooler Master MF120R (out)
  • Keyboard - Corsair K55
  • Mouse - HyperX Fury
  • Sound - 1969 Kenwood KA-4000 analogue amplifier coupled to 2x Dantax STR floor speakers
  • Operating System - Windows 10 Professional 64 bit
  • Laptop - Lenovo V130 series business laptop

14 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

The downside of RGB is that you are very much limited to each manufacturers own software. So answer is nope. What you can try is to install older/newer versions of the software and hope that it's just bug. Contacting Gigabyte support isn't bad idea either.

I tried contacting gigabyte support about a fortnight ago about RGBFusion 'forgetting' the RAM that gigabyte product support pages say IS supported for RGBFusion control. I've had absolutely ZERO response from the support ticket I raised.

1 hour ago, Burnie1601 said:

I tried contacting gigabyte support about a fortnight ago about RGBFusion 'forgetting' the RAM that gigabyte product support pages say IS supported for RGBFusion control. I've had absolutely ZERO response from the support ticket I raised.

I got reply in 3 days when I asked some fan related things. But that was 7 years ago, so maybe its gone worse.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I'm working on adding Gigabyte X470/B450 era boards to my OpenRGB project.  My project is a completely open source reimplementation of as many RGB protocols as I can reverse engineer.  No official software required, which allows it to run on both Windows and Linux.  I have support for some Corsair fan controllers (Lighting Node Pro, Commander Pro) and G.Skill RGB RAM among other things.  X370 and X570 Gigabyte boards are supported but not X470, though I have a Reddit user who has provided protocol captures.  If you want to help add support I can send you the capture program I wrote.

My project can be found here:

https://gitlab.com/CalcProgrammer1/OpenRGB

On 2/26/2020 at 10:35 PM, LogicalDrm said:

I got reply in 3 days when I asked some fan related things. But that was 7 years ago, so maybe its gone worse.

Well I have since had a reply now.

Their response to "your update to the latest version of RGB Fusion has stopped some RGB functionality from working" was.....

"try updating to our latest version, does that help?"....?‍♂️?‍♂️

EDIT: Todays esupport staff member is obviously better than the previous one. They've already sent me 3 different build versions to try to find which is the latest build that works for both my RAM and my Aorus ATC800 cooler. Having now found that RGBFusion build B19.1114 will control my RAM and restore full functionality to the CPU Temp/Fan speed display they say they have now notified the dev team to identify why those features work on B19.1114 and why they no longer work on B20.122