Network Issues. Please help!

CullenFN

I am having network issues while gaming. I play fortnite, yes I know it’s a bad game, but, I play around 30-60 ping which very reasonable for fortnite but sometimes while playing it feels laggier than my ping shows. For example while playing I may have 30 ping and sometimes it feels super delayed but also sometimes it feels very snappy and minimal delay. So basically I am trying to fix the issue where it feels more delayed than it should be. I do get packet loss sometimes( I also need help with this if anyone could help) but the issue mainly occurs while I get 0% packet loss. Any help is greatly appreciated as I have no clue what to do to fix it. 

details

my pc is only 6 months old. (I7 8700, gtx 1660 ti, 32 GB RAM 3000mhz,  

I play with a cat8 Ethernet cable (supposedly, that’s what it said when bought it from amazon)

my download speed is 20mb/s and upload is 2mb/s, I know my Internet isn’t very fast but if this was the cause of the delay then my ping would show higher than 30-60ms. 

5 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Whats your network setup?

What isp?  Can you switch isps or get a higher speed?

We use a ISP called Zito Media. And unfortunately I cannot upgrade to anything better for certain reason. Should I try contacting them? Because how much can an ISP actually do to fix this issue and also fix packet loss?

I would recommend replacing the router with a Mikrotik, they are cheap, bit harder to configure but you know exactly what is going on in your network making stuff so flexible. We as a ISP have a script on the Mikrotik (yes you can make your own scripts for it) that sends a message on the social media platform Telegram if anyone tries and connects to our router along with its public IP, time and protocol he tried to use.

On 2/25/2020 at 3:16 PM, yoyDIY said:

I would recommend replacing the router with a Mikrotik, they are cheap, bit harder to configure but you know exactly what is going on in your network making stuff so flexible. We as a ISP have a script on the Mikrotik (yes you can make your own scripts for it) that sends a message on the social media platform Telegram if anyone tries and connects to our router along with its public IP, time and protocol he tried to use.

Would this fix the delay I have been feeling? Because It feels very delay even when ping measures and shows to be 30-50