Help with RAM choice

Hello I am working on my first dream build and I am going for both performance and looks the last thing I am trying to choose from is my ram I want the Corsair vengeance RGB pro but my problem is I really want it in the white case not the black, problem is the black comes in 2x16GB 3600MHz and the white comes in 2x16GB 3200MHz is the difference in the speed that much of a difference? 

also was wondering if there was any good ways to mount the GPU vertically in this case? This is not a must but it would be cool 

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Memory/Vengeance-PRO-RGB-Black/p/CMW32GX4M2D3600C18

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Memory/Vengeance-PRO-RGB-White/p/CMW32GX4M2C3200C16W

Edited by Hypotheermia
Had another question too add

-= Topic Moved to New Builds and Planning =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

When exactly would this minute amount of speed matter? And why does it not matter? 

20 minutes ago, Hypotheermia said:

Hello I am working on my first dream build and I am going for both performance and looks the last thing I am trying to choose from is my ram I want the Corsair vengeance RGB pro but my problem is I really want it in the white case not the black, problem is the black comes in 2x16GB 3600MHz and the white comes in 2x16GB 3200MHz is the difference in the speed that much of a difference? 

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Memory/Vengeance-PRO-RGB-Black/p/CMW32GX4M2D3600C18

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Memory/Vengeance-PRO-RGB-White/p/CMW32GX4M2C3200C16W

if it was an AMD CPU i would say it would matter, but due to the fact it being intel you really wouldnt see a differance.

ryzen CPU's really benifit from the higher speed ram and you can even see 10% FPS differences just through ram speed

i personally say go for the aesthetics, you wont see much of a differance with the 9900k, if any for that matter

6 minutes ago, Hypotheermia said:

When exactly would this minute amount of speed matter? And why does it not matter? 

intel ins't super ram picky. AMD you'd want 3000-3800

I wouldn't get a 9900K and I wouldn't put it in a 400$ board

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

That board is a waste of money, especially if you are not doing a custom loop. A Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master is a lot cheaper. If you still want Asus then just go with the cheaper Maximus Hero Wifi. Not as good as the Gigabyte Master though, but saves some money over the Formula.

Also not sure a 2080 ti is worth buying when the next Nvidia cards are due later this year.

Something like this would be cheaper if you are set on an Intel build. Leaves you money to change the gpu later to a 3080ti.

The P600S has a removable front/top panel for better airflow. So if you wanted RGB fans then they would be seen through the mesh.

You can also mount the gpu vertically. Just bear in mind it will run a bit hotter as it will be closer to the side panel. 

http://www.phanteks.com/PH-VGPUKT.html

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($504.99 @ Best Buy) 
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC LIQUID FREEZER II 360 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($126.91 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($269.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($159.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: HP EX950 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($254.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB GAMING OC Video Card  ($719.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S ATX Mid Tower Case  ($149.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair 750 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($188.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $2375.84
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-02-22 06:37 EST-0500

1 hour ago, Hypotheermia said:

Plans are to have a custom loop later 

I mean you can do that with any board. You are paying extra for the Formula because it has a built in waterblock. With a board like the gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master or any of the Aorus boards you don't need VRM cooling as it isn't going to overheat anyway. You are better off just doing the cpu/gpu.

If you want a reviewers perspective:

5 hours ago, lee32uk said:

I mean you can do that with any board. You are paying extra for the Formula because it has a built in waterblock. With a board like the gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master or any of the Aorus boards you don't need VRM cooling as it isn't going to overheat anyway. You are better off just doing the cpu/gpu.

If you want a reviewers perspective:

Like I said it is a dream build, I’m not going to be benchmarking or playing top of the line games at max settings, the main things I do is research, VR on HTC vive with wireless adapter, later ugrade to valve index and when they release a wireless adapter for that I will be using that as well. , world of Warcraft, world of Warcraft classic, and runescape. So for most everything I do it is overkill. I am biased to name of brand, been dreaming of this computer since I was 14 years old I am 25 about to be 26 so to build this computer is for much more then pure power, a few years ago I had a lot of problems in life and I am building this as a way to represent I can do anything in life and I can make my dreams come true. 

With an intel build like yours, you won't notice any difference between the 3600MHz and the 3200MHz kit. Others have already pointed out where you can save money without sacrificing any performance whatsoever. 

And they are absolutely right. The most overkill and absolute waste in your build has to be the power supply though. You don't need nowhere near 1200W with that system.

3 hours ago, Hypotheermia said:

Like I said it is a dream build, I’m not going to be benchmarking or playing top of the line games at max settings, the main things I do is research, VR on HTC vive with wireless adapter, later ugrade to valve index and when they release a wireless adapter for that I will be using that as well. , world of Warcraft, world of Warcraft classic, and runescape. So for most everything I do it is overkill. I am biased to name of brand, been dreaming of this computer since I was 14 years old I am 25 about to be 26 so to build this computer is for much more then pure power, a few years ago I had a lot of problems in life and I am building this as a way to represent I can do anything in life and I can make my dreams come true. 

I get what you are saying. Just wanted to make you aware of the value aspect.

Shame you aren't doing the custom loop from the off, as you could do something totally over the top like this:

The Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme Waterforce is an insane board (With an insane price tag) but the block covers the cpu, vrm, chipset and other areas.

The Aorus Ram matches the theme, although not great value at $300+ for 32GB.

You also have the Gigabyte RTX 2080 ti Waterforce Xtreme to finish it off. 

The Thermaltake Tower 900 would be the icing on the cake to show off a build like this.

PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS XTREME WATERFORCE EATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($899.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Gigabyte AORUS RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($169.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Gigabyte AORUS RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($169.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB AORUS XTREME WATERFORCE Video Card  ($1349.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Thermaltake Tower 900 Snow Edition ATX Full Tower Case  ($265.99 @ Walmart) 
Power Supply: Corsair 750 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($188.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $3804.92
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-02-22 17:50 EST-0500

If you wanted a cheaper option that you could use from the off then you could go with the Gaming OC version instead. You should be able to use the Gigabyte board without the block for the short term. The VRM on that thing is a 16 phase so it isn't going to overheat even with no heatsink on it.

Swapped the Ram back to the more sensibly priced G.Skill Trident Neo.

Cheap (But good) air cooler to tide you over until you do the loop.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU Cooler: Scythe Mugen 5 Rev. B 51.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($48.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS XTREME WATERFORCE EATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($899.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($159.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB GAMING OC Video Card  ($1199.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Thermaltake Tower 900 Snow Edition ATX Full Tower Case  ($265.99 @ Walmart) 
Total: $3523.92
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-02-22 17:56 EST-0500

Kitguru did a build with the same board and a 2080 Waterforce Xtreme gpu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTvsW0x3pi0

If you still prefer your Asus board then I would just say swap out the SSD for the HP EX950 (Or similar) as that saves you $200ish for no performance loss, and drop the psu down to a 750W like the one in my spec.