Bottom-mounted fans and GPU temperature.

Hello,

I am in the middle of planning my new build and I am looking for som advice. I plan to use the Meshify S2 with either a 280mm or 360mm rad mounted at the front of the case to help with CPU temps. The only problem I can see is with GPU temps - I have an EVGA 2080ti which needs good cooling but I’m worried that the warm air coming through the radiator into my case will keep it toasty rather than cool.

Would installing a 140mm intake fan in the bottom of my case help substantially with GPU temps? Or would it be negligible?

Thanks!

I dont think its negligible.

With the right fan...

Im using a 1200rpm Fixed rotation speed.

I cant hear it either.

I dropped 4-6*c using the single bottom intake. Alongside my two front fans.

My case has feet and a clearance of 3-4cm.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

It depends on how well the 2080 Ti is already being cooled. If temps are fine, a bit more airflow might not make a big difference. It it's barely being kept in check, the improvement would be more substantial. 

The stock case fans are probably adequate. I'd recommend seeing temps / how they perform and deciding what to do from there. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

2 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

It depends on how well the 2080 Ti is already being cooled. If temps are fine, a bit more airflow might not make a big difference. It it's barely being kept in check, the improvement would be more substantial. 

The stock case fans are probably adequate. I'd recommend seeing temps / how they perform and deciding what to do from there. 

Yeah, currently I have it in an NZXT H710i with three 140mm fans in front and it never really reaches above 65 degrees whilst gaming. I presume the Meshify S2 should give me slightly lower temps given it has a mesh front.

22 hours ago, JuliusAugustulus said:

Yeah, currently I have it in an NZXT H710i with three 140mm fans in front and it never really reaches above 65 degrees whilst gaming. I presume the Meshify S2 should give me slightly lower temps given it has a mesh front.

65c is pretty good so I wouldn't expect much of noticeable improvement if at all. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.