Desktop Windows Manager high GPU usage

Andrey Tkach
1 hour ago, Deedikjepijn said:

Hey I am having exactly this issue on my computer, I am running a 3070 Ti and DWM.exe is using 100% of my gpu the entire time. I just did an update to 22621.675 ni_release, well I didnt really see this issue before but I did notice stuttering in some games (where it would just most definetly not be okey with a 3070 ti)

Screenshot 2022-10-15 010045.jpg

Yeah that is no coincidence, exact same issue on 3070ti here too

If anyone else has this issue and is on a 3070ti card, go to NVIDIA website for drivers and install the one from the 27th of October 22 or the last one before the issue was caused. This fixed it for meimage.thumb.png.dfd2ba9cb64f353b75690a8798f0f8cd.png

just a thing to check out, i have the same issue.

oddly when i disconnect my ethernet cable there is the same problem but the apparent process changes...

the latter is supposedly a Razer process.. both were instantly restarted upon ending task on them.

when using a program that uses the gpu however it would back off and allow full usage to me but instantly went back to milking the gpu upon having free reign..

i was also getting a trojan appear in windows defender scans repeatedly whether i removed it or did an offline scan etc.

this has now ceased...

thought it all a bit suss.

im going to revert my nvidia drivers and see how it goes, GL friends :)

ethernet connected.png

ethernet disconnected.png

allowing usage.png

trojanmsil.png