PC Auto restarting every few minutes without blue screen

Inyerbones

2 days ago, my PC just randomly started to restart and this would happen a few times an hour, and it would not stop (even at idle, no matter the load, gaming or not, could just be playing spotify and it would still happen). It would just turn off and turn back on right after as if it was a manual restart, with no BSODs or no error codes of any sort for me to work with. System has been running perfectly fine for the past 2 weeks+ when I got a motherboard and case upgrade but my memory, GPU, SSD and HDD have been in use since August last year. I looked up this issue on google and tried everything I could find, to no avail.

Things I've tried : Turning off Fast Boot in windows, checked Device manager for anything with the yellow exclamation mark next to it and there weren't any.

My last resort was to reformat my OS drive, which is exactly what I did. At first, after formatting all the partitions on my boot drive and installing windows on it, it would just keep restarting before it gets to the stage where it asks me to choose my preferred language for my system. It was the same issue as with before I reformatted the drive. So I kept trying to get the install done anyway, but after 2 or 3 hours or so I just couldn't get to finishing it without it just constantly restarting on me.

The next day, I decided to just format the drive again and re-install windows yet again, but the same thing happened. I repeated this for a few times until at some point it didn't even detect my SSD and it wasn't an option there for me to install windows into. Only my HDD was detected and available in the windows installation screen. I figured my SSD simply just died or something, though it's only been in use for like 6 or 7 months. So I gave up. Decided to give it another shot a few hours later, the SSD was detected again and I tried installing windows again but what happened the day before with the constant restarting happening before the language selection page popped up just kept happening. I kept trying anyway, until at some point I was able to succesfully install windows and boot in. First thing I did was to update windows, made sure it was running the latest version and all then I started to download the AMD chipset driver off of my motherboard's support page, manually updated all drivers in Device Manager, downloaded Gigabyte's APP Center, System Information Viewer and RGBFusion, since I've been using these programs since the motherboard upgrade 2 weeks ago anyway and I use these to set my fan curves and control lighting. Also installed all the Nvidia related stuff.

After that I installed things like spotify, discord, steam, wallpaper engine chrome and that's about it. I have most of my Steam library installed on my HDD and I didn't wipe whatever was on my HDD so everything there was still present. It's the exact same stuff I have had in there since August last year. 

PC Specs : 

AMD Ryzen 5 3600

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master (Latest BIOS F11, been on F11 since the day of the motherboard upgrade 2 weeks ago)
XPG Spectrix D60G 2x8 GB 3600MHz CL17 B-Die (been testing both at stock 2666Mhz speeds and with XMP enabled, system was running with XMP enabled for a few days before the issues started happening and memory tests showed that it was running stable.)

Cooler Master ML360R ARGB AIO

XPG Spectrix S40G 512GB M.2 2280 NVME SSD

Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm HDD (2018 manufacture date)

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Aorus

EVGA Supernova 850G+ 80+ Gold PSU

Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic Razer Edition

I looked up Event Viewer and the critical errors logged are all the same, being Kernel power. Attached below is a screenshot of what's shown in Event viewer under the 'Critical' category.

1129643636_eventviewer.thumb.PNG.b62a924c698a396efdee8ba46a6b5bd4.PNG

I suspect my PSU is tripping or something? I've unplugged and plugged the power cable back in to make sure it's connected securely. Not sure what's going on here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

EDIT: managed to write this whole thing without it restarting on me. about 5-10mins after I finished writing this then it restarted again. Only had Chrome and Spotify running while I was doing this.

The screenshot from event viewer sure does point to a PSU issue where theres a sudden loss of power.

U could try changing the power cable and connecting the computer to another plug socket.

MAIN PC (Beast) - Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII WIFI  with BIOS 4703, AMD Ryzen R9 3900XT + Corsair H115i Pro RGB XT Cooling, 32GB G.Skill 3200Mhz 16,18,18,38 1.35v DDR4, Inno3d HerculeZ Design Nvidia GTX 1080 X2 8GB GDDR5,  1 x Samsung U28E590D & 1 x Samsung U32J59XUQ 3840 x 2160 4K, 1 x Samsung Evo 970 Evo Plus NVME PCI-E 1TB, 1 x Samsung Evo 850 250GB, 1 X Sandisk Ultra II SSD 240GB + 2 X 3TB Seagate Barracuda SATA III, 1 x LG BH16NS40 16x BR\DVDRW, ICYBOX IB3740-C31 & ICYBOX IB3640-03,  MZHOU 7 Ports PCIe USB 3.0 Card, 1 x XIAOLO 2.5G Intel I225V Ethernet Card, 2 x UGREEN Hard Drive Enclosure 3.5 inch External SATA Disk Caddy Reader USB 3.0 2.5 3.5 HDD SSD 16TB UASP Case Dock Station With 12V 2A Power Adapter For Windows with 6TB Seagate Barracuda SATA III, Corsair Obsidian 750D Wind Force Edition Case + 5 Corsair ML140 140mm Case Fans, EVGA 750 g3 750w Gold 80+ PSU, Logitech MX Vertical Mouse, Logitech MX Vertical & MX Ergo Trackball Mouse using same USB unifying device, Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard, Windows 11 Pro x64 Retail, Synology ds215j NAS + 1x3TB WD Reds connected to a 6TB Seagate USB 3.0 Backup Plus Hub, Blue Yeti Microphone, Logitech C922 Pro HD,  Logitech C920 Pro HD, Bit Defender Total Security 2021.

Second PC (Cyclops) - MSI 990FXA Gaming, AMD FX 8370 4Ghz, Corsair 16GB Vengeance Red 9-9-9-24 1600Mhz, Arctic Cooling Freezer 13, Asus Strix 1050TI 4GB, 1 X Acer 27" Full HD Monitor, 1 X Sandisk Ultra II SSD 240GB, 1 x Samsung Evo 850 250GB, 2 X Seagate Barracuda 2TB, 1 X WD Black 2TB, 1 x ASUS 16x DVDRW, X-Case Eagle III Case, 3 X Corsair AF 120 Case Fans, EVGA 850 G2 80+ Gold + PSU, Logitech MX Master Mouse, Corsair K30 Keyboard, Logitech C920 Webcam, R0DE NT1-A Microphone, Scarlet 212 Audio Interface (Revision 2), Windows 10 Pro X64 Retail, Bit Defender Total Security 2021, 2TB Seagate Expansion USB Hard Drive.

Third PC (Old Trustie) - Acer Aspire M3400, OEM Mainboard, AMD FX Athlon II X3 425 2.7Ghz, 16GB Corsair Value 1600Mhz Ram, OEM CPU Cooler, AMD R7 260 2GB GPU, 1 X Acer 27" Full HD Monitor, 1 X Sandisk Ultra II SSD 240GB, 2TB Samsung SATA III, 1 X OEM 16X DVDRW, 1 X Acer OEM Case, 1 X Corsair AF120 Case Can, Corsair CX500 Bronze+ CPU, Logitech MX Master Mouse, Corsair K30 Keyboard, Windows 10 Home X64 OEM, Logitech C920 Webcam, Bit Defender Total Security 2021.

Printers Include - Canon MG5750, Canon, IP8750,  Canon Pixma Mega tank G5050 & 2 X Samsung Xpress C410W.

1 X Zexrow Xbox360 Wired Game Controller.

TP Link Archer AX6000 Cable Router Wifi6 with a Virgin Media Hub 4.0 in Modem only mode running 1GB Fibre internet.

Samsung Galaxy S21+ 256GB Mobile Phone.

Internet Speed.....

https://www.speedtest.net/result/9935039193

Indeed sudden shutdowns without bluescreens would be expected with a faulty psu.

The power supply or it could also be overheated, where is the computer located? Could it a little too hidden under your desk and some other things?

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

On 2/19/2020 at 12:59 AM, jimkirk363 said:

U could try changing the power cable and connecting the computer to another plug socket.

I've tried both, but to no avail :/ 

On 2/19/2020 at 1:45 PM, seagate_surfer said:

The power supply or it could also be overheated, where is the computer located? Could it a little too hidden under your desk and some other things?

I have my PC on top of my desk, pretty sure that wasn't an issue.

On 2/19/2020 at 8:37 AM, Sjaakie said:

Indeed sudden shutdowns without bluescreens would be expected with a faulty psu.

That's exactly what I thought, but it turns out that wasn't the issue.

Went to a PC Parts retailer yesterday, showed them the issue I was having and they thought it was a PSU issue as well. They pulled out a Corsair RM1000x PSU to try with my PC and the same thing still happened. We were all pretty surprised. Tried pulling out my 2070 super, plugged in a GT 710 to see if it was because the GPU was pulling too much power but this didn't fix it as well. Next was a reformat on my OS drive (even though I told them i'd already reformatted my OS drive 2 or 3 times before going there and it fixed nothing at all) but I guess it would give them the assurance that it's not a driver related issue so I agreed anyway. Issue not solved. They pulled a brand new model of the exact same SSD, installed windows on it and it was still happening. It was either the CPU or motherboard at this point (both of which I bought from this retailer) but it was already near closing time so I left my PC with them overnight.

Today, They popped in a brand new Ryzen 5 3600, left it running for about 4 hours and it did not restart at all. Also ran a few Cinebench runs to make sure everything was okay. Picked it up a few hours ago and it's been working fine so far. Got a 1 to 1 exchange on the CPU and that's it. I must have been pretty unlucky to get a faulty CPU, but the fact that issues only started coming up 2 weeks after the old one has been in use instead of showing issues on the day of installation is pretty weird to me. 

Thank you guys for your replies, but it appears my issues have been solved now :) Just thought I'd write this down to maybe help anyone who's going through or will be going through this in the future and stumbles upon this thread.

5 hours ago, Inyerbones said:

-snip-

WOW! A bit unlucky yes, thanks for sharing the final result thou...

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming