Replacing C Drive

technocardy
Go to solution Solved by Uptivuptiz,

You can plug the new drive into your excisting machine and download Minitool Partition wizard. It has a disk cloning tool you can use. This guide should help you along the way.

I'm about to build my new gaming rig and thought this would be an ideal time to replace my very full SSD C drive. I currently have a 500 GB SSD drive for C and a 1 TB HDD for D and I'm looking to expand that by adding a new SSD for C. Turning my current C drive into a regular drive and then keeping the 1 TB drive as is.

The only problem is I have no idea what process is involved in replacing a C drive without losing everything on that drive and having to reinstall windows.

Do you clone the current C drive to the new one and then format the original C drive? What software do I need? Is there a different process?

Clearly I've got no idea how to go about this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(Apologies if this is worded horribly, I'm running on 2 hours of 3 minutes of sleep...) ?

You can plug the new drive into your excisting machine and download Minitool Partition wizard. It has a disk cloning tool you can use. This guide should help you along the way.

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

11 hours ago, Uptivuptiz said:

Read through the guide, quite comprehensive and I can't think of any additional questions. Thank you!