Teleios - What amount & tools?

Lachrymal

After enough estimates from you swell sleeving modders and beating myself up about the price, I've decided to try this on my own. I've settled on Teleios, what cables I am sleeving, and the pattern. I just need to know how much of the sleeving and heatshrink I need. I will be getting 3 colors and sleeving the 24-pin, 6-pin PCIe, and 8-Pin PCIe.

Pretty sure we have all the tools to do this. Though, if you feel I need buy a tool that will greatly ease the process, I am open for suggestions.

NZXT H440 l Inel Core i5-4670K l Z87-GD65 l MSI 780 Twin Frozr l Kraken x60 l Corsair RM 650 l Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb l Corsair Force GS 128 Gb l Teleios Sleeving l Acer H236HLbid l Corsair K70 Anodized Black l Roccat Kone Pure Color

750W to 850W PSU around 135 feet of sleeving and and around 8 feet for the heat shrink. For 1000+ PSU I would get 200 feet of sleeving and 8 feet of the heatshrink.

You will more then likely have extra sleeving and about 3 feet left of heatshrink but since you are new at sleeving, having the extra will not hurt,because of trial and errors.

Edit: Opps miss read that you are only sleeving the 24pin, 6 and 8 pins, 75 feet and 4 feet of the heatshrink should work just fine for that. I am counting in for trial and errors, if you could do it without Zero mistakes, then right around 55 feet.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

You can find a tech sheet for your specific PSU, it'll say specificly how long your 24 pin is. Then 24 x that length + some extra. The same for the other cables.

Just get this tool :)http://lutro0-customs.com/products/lccustommolexextractor

Yes I had forgotten to mention it will be the fully modular Corsair RM650. Extra for mistakes is preferred.

NZXT H440 l Inel Core i5-4670K l Z87-GD65 l MSI 780 Twin Frozr l Kraken x60 l Corsair RM 650 l Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb l Corsair Force GS 128 Gb l Teleios Sleeving l Acer H236HLbid l Corsair K70 Anodized Black l Roccat Kone Pure Color

Grab the molex tool and be prepared to pull hard on each pin. Since you're using a PSU with ribbon cables, you would have to pull each strand off. I'd suggest you peel a bit of the ribbon apart before trying to remove each pin - - it'll be easier for you to get your fingers around each cable.

Grab the molex tool and be prepared to pull hard on each pin. Since you're using a PSU with ribbon cables, you would have to pull each strand off. I'd suggest you peel a bit of the ribbon apart before trying to remove each pin - - it'll be easier for you to get your fingers around each cable.

Yeah, I was having a discussion about the ribbon cable earlier. Is there a video on someone doing this?

Honestly the best method is on my faq here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1262900/frequently-asked-sleeving-questions/0_20

To start off I get asked where to buy all of the connectors and supplies in the same place. There is three stores that I know that carry EVERYTHING in one place:
www.lutro0customs.com
www.e22.biz.
www.moddiy.com

How Much Sleeving Should I Buy For My Sleeving Job?
- How much sleeving will I need?

The best and really only way is to measure them yourself or look at the datasheet for your psu. This can be found on the website for the manufacturer of your psu or a review site as well.

Now you just have to look at the cable length and then add them up....

Let’s say you have a 24pin cable and the datasheet says it is 520mm long, so:
24x520mm = 12,480 millimeters = 12.48 meters

So for just the 24pin you will need 12.48 meters of sleeving.

And then you continue to do the same for the eps, sata, molex, and pcie cables. (not to mention any other things/cables you want sleeved)
Once you have everything added up you will want to add 10-20% more sleeve to it just in case you mess something up or perhaps forget about something.

How Much Heatshrink Should I Buy For My Sleeving Job?
- How much heatshrink will I need?

Most places sell pre-cut HS now, so that makes it as simple as adding it up with the rule that you will need 2x pieces of HS per wire.

So you add up all of the wires of your cables/things that you will be sleeving.
I.E. a 24pin cable has 24 pins. So you will need 48 cuts of HS for just the 24pin.

I always add 50-100 more pieces no matter what so you don’t have to settle for a messed up look, even more so if this is your first time sleeving.
If you are using tubing that is not pre-cut, I believe the rule of thumb is to find out how much 20% of your total order of sleeving will be and order that amount in HS.
But again I would choose to try and do the math, for example is you are using 15mm cuts of HS, you would need 30mm of hs per wire, and if you are using 20mm cuts you would need 40mm per wire and so on. Remember to add the equivalent of 50 to 100 extra pieces so you can get a little extra.

If you are using heatshrink for the heatshrinkless method for PET type sleeve then a 4ft length can provide up to 100 or more usable pieces to use that method. They dont need to be even or perfect as you are cutting them up anyhow. Here is a good source for heatshrinkless method heatshtink :http://lutro0-customs.com/products/1-4th-inch-3-1-ratio-heatshrink-4ft-for-heatshrinkless

What Color Scheme Should I Use For My Sleeving?
- What colors should I pick?

This question is also asked all the time, but as with anything having to do with a creative item its very much personal preference.

To break this down I will explain a rule of thumb that I have been following for a while now when I get asked this question, again its not the end all for color choosing but if you follow it - you will have a very well thought out color scheme that will not look ugly.

There is 3 main color styles and one exception.

1. Single Color Schemes - This will be the most common as most premade extensions can be found in one color. The most common being black and white - but there is tons of other choices as well. The main downfall with a single color choice is that they seem lacking and while they do blend most custom sleevers tend to lean towards the next two methods as it shows the craftsmanship that goes into sleeving in the first place.

2. Double Color Schemes - This is one of the most prominent color styling and is implemented most of the time in a simple manner:
a. Base color - The base color for the double color scheme will always be the main color of the case or a main color of internal parts.
b. Accent color - The accent color for a double color scheme will be the "popping" color or the color that is sparse in the case but the modder wants to make it pop and bring attention to it. When done tastefully this will bring out the latent colors in your case and give a flow feeling.

3. Triple Color Schemes - This is one of the most beautiful color schemes in my opinion but this depends on if your case has the colors for it, but when the triple color scheme is done right it will make your cables and system look perfect.
a. Base Color - The base color for the triple color scheme will always be the main color of the case or a main color of internal parts.
b. Mid Color - The mid color for the triple color scheme will be the in between color that is not too little to be a accent and not to much to be a base. Great Mid colors are grays and whites.
c. Accent Color - The accent color for a triple color scheme will be the "popping" color or the color that is sparse in the case but the modder wants to make it pop and bring attention to it. When done tastefully this will bring out the latent colors in your case and give a flow feeling.

4. The Exception to the rule: Quad Color Schemes - This scheme in my opinion is cluttered however I have seen it implemented with some success. However be warned that it is hard to match the rest of your cables should you choose this scheme.

The quad color scheme is just like the triple color scheme with the exception that it either has two mid colors or two accent colors. The reason this is not a good idea is that you only have 12 rows of cables on a 24pin and to get a clean and defined pattern takes alot of work and even then does not look as clean as a triple color.

However do not let me deter you from being creative as depending on the theme and mod it can be pulled off.

Things to think about - Some things to ponder upon when thinking of your color schemes should be what you plan to do with your 8pins and 6pins as well as your 4pin cables and how your color scheme will affect them and the final result.

Another thing to think about is that you don't necessarily need to match the exact color in your case for your sleeving to blend, as once you take a step back the colors will start to match under low lighting and sometimes will even bring attraction to your cables and hard work.

And on a final note, If you plan to flood your case with a colored light - you may want to think about sticking to a black and white theme or a black and gray and even a single color. The reason for this is once you flood your beautiful sleeving with colored light it discolors it and even turns it into a redscale or bluescale and so on depending on what light you are flooding it with. My recommendation to those that are taking the time to match everything and sleeve it in a perfectly color coded fashion is that they should stick to a humble glow of pure white inside of their case, this way all of the color and work in all of its glory is displayed the way it was meant to be.

[MAINFrame Customs Shop] | [Sleeving Guide Videos] | [Sleeving FAQ]
[Project Log]:[ Katharos ]: April MotM Winner | [Project Log]:[ Xýlo Kai Chalkó ]: Working | [Project Log]:[ Aspros ]: Done - 4th Place PDX Lan |
[Reason I Live]

Yeah, I was having a discussion about the ribbon cable earlier. Is there a video on someone doing this?

For this you simply get it started right in the middle of the two wires at one of the ends (this is important) with an exacto knife and then start pulling slowly. Make sure that it doesnt start taking the rubber coating from either other of the wires and stays in the middle.

[MAINFrame Customs Shop] | [Sleeving Guide Videos] | [Sleeving FAQ]
[Project Log]:[ Katharos ]: April MotM Winner | [Project Log]:[ Xýlo Kai Chalkó ]: Working | [Project Log]:[ Aspros ]: Done - 4th Place PDX Lan |
[Reason I Live]