Samsung Kies Backup Directory (rooting)

Andri

Hi,

Im about to root my Samsung Galaxy Note II and i wanted to back it up before rooting and Samsung Kies only wants to backup to my default/OS directory which is my SSD but here is where the problem begins.

My SSD is about to be full and therefore don't have space for the backup, so i thought to look to you guys to know if it is possible to either re-direct it or to look to a third party program to back it up?

Thanks in advance

Andri :)

PC SPECIFICATIONS: i7 2600k 3.4ghz, Thermaltake Water 2.0 All in one, MSI z77-G43, 16gb Corsair Vengeance , GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr II, 60gb Corsair Force 3 Sandforce Controller, 1TB WD Barracuda, Coolermaster 850W. PERIPHERALS: Gigabute Aiva K1800, Razer Naga, Steelseries Siberia v2 PHONE: Galaxy Note II

Kies is the most useless piece of software made lol.

Root it, then use CMW to backup your ROM into your memory card or internal memory, then do what you want with it. If you get bricked or something, you cam always restore from that backup as if nothing happened. But the root will not go away. You have to download a new firmware and flash it with Odin in order to have it like the original. Also the binary counter will rise so if you have warranty, I wouldn't root it just yet. You can reset the counter with an app called "TriangleAway" but it's a paid app. It resets the counter to 0 as if nothing ever happened to the phone. Cheers! :D

Yes dump Kies, it's like Samsung redefined entropy with that one, and not the good kind of entropy. Use clockworkmod for a full backup with system restore capability or titanium backup if you want to backup select things. The factory ROM is probably also out there on the internet to download, so probably you could reflash the factory ROM if needed. Don't forget to unroot when you're not using root, and don't break any laws by rooting, check if it's OK to root your phone with both the law and the telecom contract.

Thanks for the replies it ended that i used CWM to backup and then used TriangleAway and unrooted

PC SPECIFICATIONS: i7 2600k 3.4ghz, Thermaltake Water 2.0 All in one, MSI z77-G43, 16gb Corsair Vengeance , GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr II, 60gb Corsair Force 3 Sandforce Controller, 1TB WD Barracuda, Coolermaster 850W. PERIPHERALS: Gigabute Aiva K1800, Razer Naga, Steelseries Siberia v2 PHONE: Galaxy Note II