Case Fans for the CM Storm Enforcer

I will be getting a CM Storm Enforcer for my first build.
There is a 200mm fan mount on the top, and a 140/120mm mount at the back. [EXHAUST]
I wish to occupy the top mount which is empty and swap out the back mount.

The thing is I was initially planing on getting Cooler Master Sickle Flow for the back and a Megaflow for the top. (in red led)to keep the color theme.

Thing is that I hear that they are good intake fans. I want good exhaust fans. So should i Go with my current choices or go for something else like Corsair AF series fans?

Also I would like it if there are leds preferably RED.

Thnx,

Blaze

Sickleflows only come in 120mm. You'd be better off with a 140mm like a Prolimatech Pro LED or a Corsair AF LED.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Thnx for the response

They do come in 120mm, I also did mention i Had a 120mm/140mm mount on the back. Anyway is the Cooler Master Megaflow 200mm alright for the top outtake fan?

Do you suggest I go for a Corsair AF for the back or the Prolimatech Pro?

Thnx for the response

They do come in 120mm, I also did mention i Had a 120mm/140mm mount on the back. Anyway is the Cooler Master Megaflow 200mm alright for the top outtake fan?

Do you suggest I go for a Corsair AF for the back or the Prolimatech Pro?

What are you going to cool there(CPU+cooler, GPU, how many HDDs) ? Thats quite important since this case has quite limited cooling without moding and with everything instaled.

Also you cant really mount 140mm fan in the back of the case unless you do some drilling...there is only 4 screw holes for 120mm fan :( or maybe with those 140>120 adapters, but i have no idea if they are any good...

I have the same case atm i have 2x CM Enforcer original 200mm megaflows(front+top)  1x 120mm Aerocool fan at the back and my PSU oriented fan up as outtake aswell and its quite fine and really quiet at idle..and i man quiet that i can hear my slowed Noctua fans on CPU :o

Iam in the proces of changing the layout drastically tho, cause for my needs the airflow and temps to some extend doesnt match up. Iam planing to mount either 7x 120mm Gentle Typhoons 1450rmp(with controler) or going the fan boy route and geting worse but cooler looking CorsairSP120 in every slot including 5,25 drive bay and CPU and controling them via PWM on mobo which will keep them quiet i hope.

Just cant decide yet,cause I cant believe those Typhoons are that quiet at those full blast 1450 or even 1850 rpm...ill just order 1 or 2 and will test them out i think.

If you aint going to use more then one GPU  with high OCs you will be fine with 2x 200mm(front in +top out) and any decent 120mm fan at the back as exhaust. The 200mm Megaflow and 120mm Corsair AF LED is good choice and you can slow them down with PWM on top of that

Enforced Evolution - Red/Black Beast machine from "gheto" :) All 120 images

Thnx KrasussDB,

I will be using two hdd s(1 TB HDD [new], another carried over hdd) and 1 ssd boot drive.

I will be running a GTX 770  OR a GTX 760, I won't be getting a After market cooler for the cpu yet, maybe later,  Thnx for the response

BTW Since you own this case How is it? , Is it good?

I will go with a 200mm Megaflow for the top exhaust, and a corsair af 120mm, I will be using a fan controller because i like it: Sentry 2, 

Thnx once again for the help guys  Krassus and Wooden

Thnx KrasussDB,

I will be using two hdd s(1 TB HDD [new], another carried over hdd) and 1 ssd boot drive.

I will be running a GTX 770  OR a GTX 760, I won't be getting a After market cooler for the cpu yet, maybe later,  Thnx for the response

BTW Since you own this case How is it? , Is it good?

I will go with a 200mm Megaflow for the top exhaust, and a corsair af 120mm, I will be using a fan controller because i like it: Sentry 2, 

Thnx once again for the help guys  Krassus and Wooden

I would strongly suggest going for atleast cheap cooler like CM Hyper EVO instead of the stock cooler...just because silence reasons and the teps are just a bonus for such a low price.

To be honest the case is not perfect, but i have the case for like 2 years, it survived 2 massive overhauls of my system(going from Phenom II OC@3.8GHz with CM Hyper Evo to intel i5@4.5GHz with same cooler and later adding Noctua NH-D14 with Asus GTX780) and i have to say that i really like the case size is perfect love the look etc, but sadly the airflow is not really optimal imo(long GPU blocking cool air from getting to CPU, i had basicaly no improve with the Noctua compared to the EVO) My issue is proly not that drastic aka its only in my head cause cause i know they can be better :D

When i was using 2 HDDs in the drive bay at the bottom there was huge problem with vibrations so i was forced to hang them on rubber ropes in 5.25 bay gheto style :) There is some room for cable managment which is nice. The main problem is that you REALLY need to achieve possitive pressure else the case sucks dust like vacuum cleaner thru all vent holes and around front panel.

Ill try to fight mine (imaginative :) ) airflow issue with some moding as a last resort...adding 120 or 140 fan in 5.25 bay for better airflow to CPU and replacing the 200mm fans, also have some ideas like, how to mod the doors and to remove the drive bay which i dont use and making some PSU cover since i dont have modular one, it will look fantastic and will improve airflow:) hope it will help and i wont have to buy different case.

Well overall the case is not bad, but not the best either. You will love it with some tweaking (ratling HDDs, cause iam sure all of these clip on plastic drive bays rattle and its not only my case)

Thnx for the reply,

I changed my mind with the graphics card, and am going with an ASUS gtx 760 2gb as it is small, and its well in my budget, that should give me more space,

I won't be doin any OverClocking what so ever, and most probably will go with a Hyper 212 evo, was my initial plan, but someone told me that the stock fan is fine cuz no overclocking, but your right the sound is goin to be an issue. Also is the hyper 212 evo have enough clearance for the  case?

Should I go for Pressure optimized fans then?

Thnx for the reply,

I changed my mind with the graphics card, and am going with an ASUS gtx 760 2gb as it is small, and its well in my budget, that should give me more space,

I won't be doin any OverClocking what so ever, and most probably will go with a Hyper 212 evo, was my initial plan, but someone told me that the stock fan is fine cuz no overclocking, but your right the sound is goin to be an issue. Also is the hyper 212 evo have enough clearance for the  case?

Should I go for Pressure optimized fans then?

yea there is plenty of space for any CPU cooler you dont have to worry about that.

You wont need to change a thing with stock clocks and Hyper 212EVO it will be fine,

All you need to do is to make sure you have atleast small possitive pressure. Which can handle the 200mm front fan and 120mm rear fan alone if you wont add any other fan, but if you want to add fan(s) to the top just because you can you will need to play with speeds to keep the dust out. Also Demciflex is making awesome set of filters for this(and any other) case, but they wont help if you have negative pressure and air and dust going in thrugh every hole. 

I think pressure optimized fan would be best for this case if you really need to maximize the amount of air going in since the front panel+filters block alot imo, but the 200mm stock fan is pretty good and sufficient for normal systems. Even the stock EVO fan is not that bad for stocks cpu speeds.

For 120mm fans I recommend the Coolermaster JetFlows.  They move a lot of air and come with 2 extentions that can set different RPM's for the noise.  Also there are many different LED color options.

My rig =SCOUT2= 

thnx max

so jet flow is better than sickleflow?

I''l have to c as I do have a budget and the jetflows do come with a pricey tag, and unfortunately don't have a money tree. (wish I did)

Thnx for the reply again, will take it into consideration

Blaze