Radiator Fan Questions

Lapjun
Go to solution Solved by Quadrum,

I personally like to use a splitter directly to the motherboard as it eliminates an additional point of failure (fan hub) and is less cables I have to deal with.

Which is better, using a splitter cable to connect the three radiator fans straight to the motherboard, or using a splitter cable to connect to a hub?  Which option gives more fan control?  

Does connecting the three fans individually to the hub make a difference?

Since there are four case fans, should I also connect them individually to the hub or use a splitter cable to the hub (As I will most likely run them all at the same RPM)?

I will be using an NZXT Kraken Z73 and the hub is the NZXT RGB and fan controller which comes with the case I am using, the H710i.

I personally like to use a splitter directly to the motherboard as it eliminates an additional point of failure (fan hub) and is less cables I have to deal with.

Just now, Quadrum said:

Does anyone control fan rpm for each individual fan?  I'm asking this because splitters make all fans the same.

8 hours ago, Lapjun said:

Does anyone control fan rpm for each individual fan?  I'm asking this because splitters make all fans the same.

I’ve got the same fan curve for all my fans, I don’t know of anybody who has separate fan curves for each fan.

I use a hub. Having power fans means I need more power. Even at low speeds. I don’t have high amp headers. So I either use a hub or a powered splitter. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz