Cleaning loop

ChrisZH

So what is the best way to clean out a new loop, and drain it. As you can see in the picture I do have a drain port to my pc. I was going to run a combination of distilled water and vinegar in it, based on suggestion from person at microcenter. On thng that I'm wondering is if there is an easy way to drain the whole loop afterwards. Because I'm pretty sure if I just opened the drain only a little bit of the loop would come out but the fluid stuck inside radiator and blocks would stay. IMG_20200212_181114_01.thumb.jpg.41f7f2adcada737eb9409c0c4b34fea7.jpg

12 minutes ago, ChrisZH said:

So what is the best way to clean out a new loop, and drain it. As you can see in the picture I do have a drain port to my pc. I was going to run a combination of distilled water and vinegar in it, based on suggestion from person at microcenter. On thng that I'm wondering is if there is an easy way to drain the whole loop afterwards. Because I'm pretty sure if I just opened the drain only a little bit of the loop would come out but the fluid stuck inside radiator and blocks would stay. 

Your best option is to take it apart and properly clean it if there is build up in the blocks and fins. It's not recommended to run the loop is a mixture of vinegar, only use that on the rads for cleaning and to flush them out thoroughly afterwards. 

2 hours ago, W-L said:

Your best option is to take it apart and properly clean it if there is build up in the blocks and fins. It's not recommended to run the loop is a mixture of vinegar, only use that on the rads for cleaning and to flush them out thoroughly afterwards. 

Well I had a solid white fluid from before, didn't really wanna take apart the gpu block as it's a pain with the small screws. So I thought there was a way to clean it with fluid and then drain and refill with coolant.

13 minutes ago, ChrisZH said:

Well I had a solid white fluid from before, didn't really wanna take apart the gpu block as it's a pain with the small screws. So I thought there was a way to clean it with fluid and then drain and refill with coolant.

If it ran a pastel fluid it would be a good idea to tear it down for a proper cleaning especially if there was any issues with settling of particles, color change etc. You can do a flush and fill t get rid of the majority of particles and refill if you are going back to the same pastel fluid but I would only do so if there were zero issues with the fluid previously and it is just within a regular time interval for a fluid change.