ATH M50 or M50x

Steven987123

Right now, I can easily find a new pair of m50s for around 100 dollars.  Is the m50x worth the higher price or should I just go buy the m50s as of now?

Or should I try to wait for the m50x's prices to drop down?

And please, don't try to recommend other headphones; it is not what I'm asking for.

I don't think the M50X's are worth the extra cost. 

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

Basically the same thing, just a new look and they might have updated something's. It's not worth the extra though.

Basically the same thing, just a new look and they might have updated something's. It's not worth the extra though.

might be. Better headband, better earpads, and most importantly 3 different cables that come with it because it's detachable. You may think that isn't too big of a deal, but it allows you to stick the v-moda mic on it and turn it into a headset without having 2 cables. Also, cables are the number 1 most failure prone part of headphones, so detachable ones mean you don't have to buy new headphones. 

it allows you to stick the v-moda mic on it and turn it into a headset

Not without modification - the M50X will have a locking connector

Thanks guys, guess I'll buy the M50s.

Not without modification - the M50X will have a locking connector

I already have a mic I can use anyways.

Go with the M50, I would recommend the white coiled version because it's still definitely long enough to use a descent way from your computer plus stylish if you ever want to wear it outside the house. Plus you won't have a 10 foot cable around the entire room.