Best Thermal Paste for HP laptop

Fausto

Hi guys,

I run this laptop for my daily work in college and some LIGHT gaming (LoL and CSGO and that sort of stuff) but I feel like I can improve the noise of the fan by swapping the thermal paste.

Currently I have CoolerMaster's MasterGel Maker applied to both the GPU and CPU but I have heard so much about Arctic's MX-4 that it got me questioning what thermal paste would be better suitable for my laptop.

Before you judge: I changed cooler master because the thermal conductivity was higher and I thought it was the best for this laptop.

Thank you guys!

Most name-brand pastes will only vary by 5 degrees or so. If you're lucky, you might see 8-10 from the likes of Thermal Grizzly or IC Diamond. 

Where pastes will really differentiate themselves is longevity. I've had some last for several years. And I've seen others dry out & flake away in months. 

MX-4 is currently my favorite for performance, lifespan and cost. You can get around 8g on Amazon for almost the price of a cup of coffee. 

I can't recall the last time I used Arctic Silver, so I can't speak for it. 

I've got some Zalman's stuff on a friend's Phenom CPU, so that's an experiment in the works, but it seems to be holding up fine after a couple months. 

And I've got Cooler Master stuff (no specific model #) on my kid's FX 6300. That's only been on about a month so far.