good headphone amp?

Biggie

Right now I have a Xonar Phoebus but the headphone feature's volume is just too damn low. I'm guessing the audio quality is better than most onboard, but I need something that makes the volume hearable without having to mess a lot with the EQ.  Any suggestions, I don't want to spend a whole lot of money, just something that I can use until summer when I have more money to play with. 

And your headphones are....?

FiiO E6 would probably give you enough juice.

I have swallowed my pride and will admit i'm using sony XDR-05 headphones. However I'm planning on buying a set of headphones for specific genres. I'm guessing an amp works universally well with them? 

I have swallowed my pride and will admit i'm using sony XDR-05 headphones. 

Damn, Google doesn't eve know what that is.

I'm guessing an amp works universally well with them? 

Yep

I... I don't understand how a Phoebus doesn't get loud enough. my D2X soundcard (same amp as far as I know) literally deafens me at just 40% volume in music, and I even have slightly impaired hearing (diagnosed five years ago, though) I guess people are that different. Also, the "Sony XDR-05" you mentioned doesn't even show headphones when google searched. But yeah, any amp should work fine AFAIK, try the FiiO E6. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

I personally use a Fiio E6 for my Sony MDR 7506 and it can get LOUD! It sounds good and I use it with onboard audio and a Fiio D03k DAC.

CPU: AMD 3600 GPU: ASUS DUAL OC RX 6750 XT MOBO: Asus Prime X570-P RAM: 16GB XPG Gammix D10 3000Mhz

PSU: Gamdias Kratos P1 650w 80+ Gold OS:Windows 10 pro Case: 4U Rackmount  HDD/SSD:Seagate 8 TB/ Patriot Scorch m.2 512GB

You can't spell ignorant without IGN...-TheSLSAMG

CPU: AMD 3600 GPU: ASUS DUAL OC RX 6750 XT MOBO: Asus Prime X570-P RAM: 16GB XPG Gammix D10 3000Mhz

PSU: Gamdias Kratos P1 650w 80+ Gold OS:Windows 10 pro Case: 4U Rackmount  HDD/SSD:Seagate 8 TB/ Patriot Scorch m.2 512GB

You can't spell ignorant without IGN...-TheSLSAMG