Best Air Cooler for stock 7700K

danny78690
Go to solution Solved by doubleagent214,

Hyper 212 RGB or Black edition

Hi Everyone! 

I have an i7 7700K and I plan on just keeping it at stock and not overclocking it. I usually just web browse and paly games, such as BFV and the likes. 

I currently have an H115i but the pump died (idle temps 50-60 celcius, and gaming pinned at 90) so now I've RMA'ed it and plan on buying a new cooler and considering air coolers. Now I'm wondering which one I should buy, any suggestions as which one is best for my needs? 

I have a Lian-Li Lancool ii case and a maximus ix mobo

thanks in advance! 

i7 4770  Asus Z87-A  32GB DDR3 1600    ASUS GTX970 STRIX      NZXT S340     Crucial M550 1TB Commercial Grade SSD     Corsair TX750 750W PSU

At stock, you can cool that CPU with anything. Hyper 212 evo is inexpensive and can be fitted with any 120mm RGB fan of your preference.

Of course, why spend the extra on an unlocked CPU and never overclock it?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, doubleagent214 said:

Thank you! 

i7 4770  Asus Z87-A  32GB DDR3 1600    ASUS GTX970 STRIX      NZXT S340     Crucial M550 1TB Commercial Grade SSD     Corsair TX750 750W PSU

Just now, Fasauceome said:

At stock, you can cool that CPU with anything. Hyper 212 evo is inexpensive and can be fitted with any 120mm RGB fan of your preference.

Who said it was extra? At the time I bought it, it was $50 cheaper than the 7700....

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Sometimes people just want the extra boost it has. The K sometimes can be like 500 mhz faster. Also better bin usually too.

On a silly note, get that evo out of here. RGB for life :D

17 minutes ago, doubleagent214 said:

Might just pull the trigger on it, cheap and its got RGB 

8 minutes ago, danny78690 said:

Might just pull the trigger on it, cheap and its got RGB 

You can't go wrong with any modern hyper 212. Just the black and the RGB has a better mounting solution.