Hello Techies!

I'm going to build a gaming/rendering spec PC and would like to get a good keyboard. Unfortunetley, I don't know what the bet for me would be. When I create PC's for customers, I'll either tell them to get their own, or get one that's on a deal for my supplier, or sometimes, just a Steelseries one.

I know there are a lot of "best keyboard" threads, but nothing like a bit of personilisation, eh?

Here is my post about the PC I'm building; I want a good keyboard to go with it.

I don't want a uber high end keyboard (Razer Blackwidow-esque), nor do I want a bad, generic keyboard.

"Requirements"

Mechanical - the click sound is so amazing, and the response is great for gaming - but black/brown caps are fine

Macro-able - I don't want like 20 Macro buttons, but accessable is nice

Wrist Rest - I'm used to a laptop where my left palm never moves, stuck on the bottom of my laptop, a wrist rest would be very nice

Angled - This is just a personal preference (also called raised)

Blue. My PC's mobo will be back and blue, so a nice idea would be to have a blue backlight glow (my ouse also glows blue)

If people could link me to reviews of keyboards, why they like them (and, if it is their keyboard, personal dis/likes abotu them)

Prices would be nice too (£ or CAD please)

Production Control, Fish Keeper, Lover of Audio

What is your budget like mate?

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

I'd say about between £30-£60 ish

Thats a tight budget. It doesn't have macros but I strongly recommend the cm storm tk amazing keyboard

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

To both the CM keyboard's:

They are both at the top end or over my budget

The red wont really go with anything I have (not that important)

I like them, but not too asthetically pleasing to MY taste

I am in the uk, it is a pain in the ass to find cheap mechanicals. Eventually I just saved up 100£ for a filco tkl. Save your money, even a little more, 70-90£ gets you much more bang for your buck.

Current rig: i5 2500k & Gtx 560ti With Filco MJ1 TKL & Neutron Gtx 120gb SSD

You WILL not find a keyboard in that price range with those requirements. at all. maybe non mechanical. increase your price range or get a non mechanical keyboard. Maybe a used one even

Dude, with that budget constraint, you'd set, it's going to be really tough to find one that has the features you want, and yet be aesthetically pleasing to you. I'd suggest you set aside more money for the KB.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

I'd say about between £30-£60 ish

Ahh this type budget hurts my brain. You should save up some more dosh, cause a good mechanical keyboard is a worthwhile investment. :) 80 to a 100 quid should get you a mechanical keyboard that would meet your requirements.

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

I highly recommend the Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition. You can set macros but it doesn't have any dedicated macro keys, though you don't need them anyway. If you want a wrist rest don't expect anything great from an included one. I think you'll like the 3M wrist rest.

Keyboard: http://ncix.com/products/?sku=78285&vpn=RZ03-00810200-R3U1&manufacture=Razer&promoid=1360

Wrist Rest: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826998142

Sorry that they're not in the UK, but they're just to give you an idea.

Maybe it's out of Budget but id recommend the GIgabyte Aivia Osmium

-Macro keys

-Can be Raised

-BIG wrist rest

-Mechanical

http://www.gigabyte.ch/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4179#ov

This looks like the perfect keyboard.

Although most sites appear to have its keyboard layout in German.....