PSU 12V rail a small undervoltage?

Kelums

Hi. I recently got a new pc. After I plugged power supply into my netfilter, my screen was going with horizontal lines. Then I plugged it in a simple extendor and it was working good. Then, like a month later, my computer just restarted ( not instant shutdown ). I checked info on HWMonitor, 12v rail was showing huge undervoltage( like 11.2 or so without load) . So I plugged it again in that netfilter and its now working good, stability test is okay, in games everything is cool. But sometimes it shows me 11.616 on 12v under high pressure is that okay? Could PSU just degrade under voltage drops in that extendor? I dont have an ability to check it with multimeter, sadly :v 
PSU is Chieftec BDF-650C
CPU is Ryzen 5 3600
Mobo is MSI b450 gaming plus max
GPU is MSI Rtx 2060 super ventus factory OCed
Memory is Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 3000 mhz ( running on base xmp 1.36v and 3200 mhz )

11.2 is quite low even under load and indicates a poor quality PSU.

As power draw increases, voltage will drop. 11.6 is kinda really low but not too bad if under full load.

-アパゾ

3 minutes ago, APasz said:

11.2 is quite low even under load and indicates a poor quality PSU.

As power draw increases, voltage will drop. 11.6 is kinda really low but not too bad if under full load.

Yea, its low, that's why it was going into protection and rebooting. But it was faulty extendor that had bad sockets, that's for sure, because on netfilter it still does undervolt but its not very bad like you said, i dont know if i can trust program, should i waste money and buy multimeter? Could this voltage damage anything in my pc? Its like not even 5% from normie

Instead of buying a multi meter you would be better off buying a decent PSU. Yours is obviously either defective or simply of poor quality.

There is no replacement for RGB except more RGB ?

On 2/7/2020 at 4:29 PM, Kelums said:

PSU is Chieftec BDF-650C

Yikes!

4 hours ago, oeci said:

Instead of buying a multi meter you would be better off buying a decent PSU. Yours is obviously either defective or simply of poor quality.

This.

Why even bother using a garbage PSU with your precious PC parts?

21 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

Yikes!

This.

Why even bother using a garbage PSU with your precious PC parts?

I heard it had decent element base, on my previous build I had KCAS, but never monitored and it worked fine for 2.5 years.. In my country this PSU is 75$, I dont think that is really small price

36 minutes ago, Kelums said:

I heard it had decent element base, on my previous build I had KCAS, but never monitored and it worked fine for 2.5 years.. In my country this PSU is 75$, I dont think that is really small price

It's not a fire hazard.  But it's an old double forward based platform.  At least it has DC to DC for the +3.3V and +5V.  But there are better options.

The lowest your +12V should ever be is 11.6V.  But you really should be checking that with a DMM and not software.

But consider the position you've put us in... You have a cheap PSU (though you say you paid too much for it).  You don't have another to try to see if the problem(s) go away.  You don't have a DMM.  It's hard to help someone that can't help themselves.

The worst that can happen with a PSU that doesn't deliver the voltage it should is an unstable system. What's more the PSU is probably going to fail completely sooner or later (and may or may not take some components with it). But like @jonnyGURU wrote there should not be any further risks involved, at least nothing life threatening since it's not one of those ultra cheap Chinese PSUs. Nevertheless when it comes to buying things like a multi meter I still think you would be better off investing into a new high quality PSU. You  already know your current one does not deliver the voltage it should which could possibly compromise the stability of your system. Investing more money and time won't change anything about that, it's not like you can configure/ tweak a PSU.

Interesting. Nice to hear that you have been able to resolve the issue.