Nvidia Control Panel missing from laptop after connecting a monitor to it

I'm not exactly sure what happened. I messed around with an old-ish Samsung TV we had in the house that had an HDMI input. I plugged it to my laptop to watch a movie. The most I remember is setting Display settings to make the tv the primary display and choosing "only show display on screen 1" option. Throughout this the Nvidia Control Panel (easily accessible via right clicking desktop) was still present.

Fast forward to when I wanted to remove the TV to game a little bit, I didn't know how to turn it off without a remote (apparently pressing or long pressing the power button didn't do it) so I just straight up took out the HDMI cable and unplugged it. It was when my display went back to my laptop screen that I realized the Nvidia Control Panel had gone missing.

Here are steps I tried to do to get it back, and how they failed:

- Disabled Intel iGPU Drivers = didn't really do anything except fuck up my display; quickly re-enabled

- Uninstalled GPU drivers from Device Manager and reinstalled drivers via Nvidia website = GeForce Experience and everything seemed to be in order, but the control panel was still nowhere to be found; I tried to search for the Control Panel folder or at least the nvcplui.exe file in the Nvidia folder in C : and it wasn't there either...

- Downloaded DDU and did a safe mode clean uninstall of all Nvidia Drivers, then reinstalling again via most updated drivers from Nvidia Website = Again, everything was in order except for the Control Panel still missing somehow...

- Tried installing Nvidia Control Panel directly from Microsoft Store - can't do this for some reason as it gives me an Error every time I try to start downloading

Can anyone offer help as to what else I could do? I really wanna be able to access the control panel again and be in full control of my display settings. Thanks in advanced.

Specs are on my sig if needed. I run Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

Laptop - Asus TUF FX504GM

i7 8750H | 24GB DDR4 | GTX 1060 6GB | 128GB NVMe SSD | 1TB HDD

Peripherals

Logitech G102 Prodigy | Nubwo N12

6 minutes ago, bodoy said:

I'm not exactly sure what happened. I messed around with an old-ish Samsung TV we had in the house that had an HDMI input. I plugged it to my laptop to watch a movie. The most I remember is setting Display settings to make the tv the primary display and choosing "only show display on screen 1" option. Throughout this the Nvidia Control Panel (easily accessible via right clicking desktop) was still present.

Fast forward to when I wanted to remove the TV to game a little bit, I didn't know how to turn it off without a remote (apparently pressing or long pressing the power button didn't do it) so I just straight up took out the HDMI cable and unplugged it. It was when my display went back to my laptop screen that I realized the Nvidia Control Panel had gone missing.

Here are steps I tried to do to get it back, and how they failed:

- Disabled Intel iGPU Drivers = didn't really do anything except fuck up my display; quickly re-enabled

- Uninstalled GPU drivers from Device Manager and reinstalled drivers via Nvidia website = GeForce Experience and everything seemed to be in order, but the control panel was still nowhere to be found; I tried to search for the Control Panel folder or at least the nvcplui.exe file in the Nvidia folder in C : and it wasn't there either...

- Downloaded DDU and did a safe mode clean uninstall of all Nvidia Drivers, then reinstalling again via most updated drivers from Nvidia Website = Again, everything was in order except for the Control Panel still missing somehow...

- Tried installing Nvidia Control Panel directly from Microsoft Store - can't do this for some reason as it gives me an Error every time I try to start downloading

Can anyone offer help as to what else I could do? I really wanna be able to access the control panel again and be in full control of my display settings. Thanks in advanced.

Specs are on my sig if needed. I run Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

DDU everything.

Disable Internet

install all the package of Nvidia "GeForce Experience" and the new drivers.

restart the PC, enable internet, you should be ok...

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

22 minutes ago, Constantin said:

DDU everything.

Disable Internet

install all the package of Nvidia "GeForce Experience" and the new drivers.

restart the PC, enable internet, you should be ok...

Wait what do you mean by DDU everything?

Also would it make a difference if I disabled internet vs leaving it on? Thank you.

Peripherals

Ok so quick update to my problem; I finally got the Control Panel back after fixing the download error issue with my Microsoft Store. Took like 3 hours but it was worth it I guess. I'll post what I did that worked in case some people who encounter the same problem in the future run into this thread somehow.

I went into services.msc to update the Windows Update Services to Manual setting (after a youtube tutorial showed me it'd fix the Microsoft Store), but found it wasn't there. So I checked regedit.msc for my wuauserv which is connected to these services (Computer > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Services > wuauserv) and realized it wasn't there either (I have no idea how it went missing; I might have done some random tinkering into these settings years ago to disable Windows Updates, who knows?).

I downloaded a spare wuauserv registry file from here https://www.repairwin.com/windows-update-service-missing-problem-fix/ (scroll down to Method 4; I don't know how legit this was but it worked in the end so bear with me) and installed it (just double click the file and say yes to the prompt; if you check the Registry Editor directory it should be there). But Windows Update still wasn't in the services menu.

To do that I had to go to Command Prompt (run as admin) and paste this command: sc create wuauserv DisplayName= "Windows Update" binpath= "C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs -p" Start= delayed-auto depend= RpcSs

Refresh the Services menu and Windows Update should finally pop up. Right click ,go to Properties, and set it to Manual, then try to refresh the Microsoft Store. BAM. Nvidia Control Panel finally started downloading and I had it back in seconds.

-----

That's the end of my first problem. I just ran into a second one however.

Upon checking it, I realized the Control Panel was only showing 3D settings, and not the full customizable settings it regularly used to show before. Here is an Imgur album for reference https://imgur.com/a/ieUkOTJ.

If anyone could offer advice as to how to fix this issue then, I'd be grateful. I think I've watched all yt videos offering solutions for this at this point and nothing's worked so far. Thanks so much.

Peripherals