Rainbow 6 fps drops

Anookh1

I've been playing rainbow 6 for a while now. I play it at ultra settings 1080p with render scale set to 25 and stay around 130fps. However recently my fps just dropped to 100-70fps i tried restarting the game but didnt help. I even went ahead and lowered the textures settings to very high and it still stays around that. I have a 144hz monitor so im really trying to take advantage of that, and since i've been playing this game at such high fps for so long anything below 100 does not feel nice. Anyone know a fix or something to it? 

specs:

Rx570 8gb

8gb Ram 

ryzen 3 2200g 

run rainbow 6 from a corsair force series mp510 m.2 ssd

This could be a whole range of reasons, the game might have been updated and can just straight up loose it's optimisation due to bad code or Windows 10 updated once again. If you are playing this game to win either way, I would tell you to set all of those textures to low and upscale your game so you can see very clearly and less things getting in your way.

These are the things I would do though, first, I would make sure that I am running stable drivers and try to revert if needed, I would check that my computer is cleaned and disable processes that will hinder your game.

On 2/4/2020 at 12:27 AM, Hamtaro25565 said:

This could be a whole range of reasons, the game might have been updated and can just straight up loose it's optimisation due to bad code or Windows 10 updated once again. If you are playing this game to win either way, I would tell you to set all of those textures to low and upscale your game so you can see very clearly and less things getting in your way.

These are the things I would do though, first, I would make sure that I am running stable drivers and try to revert if needed, I would check that my computer is cleaned and disable processes that will hinder your game.

Ok so i just made another windows user account for my smurf account since its easier to just switch out of users instead of signing in and out of a ubisoft account. On my other windows account, im getting 144 fps with ultra settings and render scale set to 50 while on my main account im getting 70fps with lower settings than that. idk how this makes sense but yeah its happening.

On 2/11/2020 at 2:51 AM, Stuart.TheRomeo said:

update your drivers if you're still having issues. 

did that already and still the same thing :/

On 2/4/2020 at 12:15 AM, Anookh1 said:

I've been playing rainbow 6 for a while now. I play it at ultra settings 1080p with render scale set to 25 and stay around 130fps. However recently my fps just dropped to 100-70fps i tried restarting the game but didnt help. I even went ahead and lowered the textures settings to very high and it still stays around that. I have a 144hz monitor so im really trying to take advantage of that, and since i've been playing this game at such high fps for so long anything below 100 does not feel nice. Anyone know a fix or something to it? 

specs:

Rx570 8gb

8gb Ram 

ryzen 3 2200g 

run rainbow 6 from a corsair force series mp510 m.2 ssd

You have everything at max settings besides the render scale? 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

On 2/16/2020 at 7:20 PM, Gohardgrandpa said:

Yes. I made another windows account and for a while rainbow6 ran fine at 144fps but now the same problem is happening again. It doesn’t always happen tho. Someone im at 144fps and other times it falls down to 70fps and if i change anything in display settings my screen goes black for 2 seconds and after that my fps goes back up to 120-140fps. For example my fps suddenly dropped to 70fps i go into settings and change refresh rate to 120hz the fps goes back up to 120-140fps and if it drops again in the next game i need to change it again to 144hz and it will go to 120-140fps. Hope this makes sense.

On 2/16/2020 at 7:20 PM, Gohardgrandpa said:

Because of that i thought there was some problem with my display so i tried deleting my graphics card drivers and reinstalling them, updating them from AMD site, and nothing happened. Also i forgot to mention but even dropping my settings to high from ultra doesn’t affect the fps it stays at 70fps the only thing that works is changing display settings.