Single Fan RTX 2060 vs Dual Fan RTX 2060

MadTheDogg

So, looking at the Nvidia website (Which right now in GB has the best prices for 2060s) I can get: 

A Palait StormX 2060 6gb with a 1680Mhz boost clock for £240 (Single fan card small form factor card) 

Or an MSI Ventus XS 2060 6gb with a 1710Mhz boost clock for £270 (Dual fan card, standard form factor) 

(Image) UrLk7WN.png

I'm looking to do some overclocking with the card I get, and I'm wondering if getting the Single Fan card will hinder me too much / if the MSI card is worth the £30 more I'm paying for it. 

10 minutes ago, MadTheDogg said:

So, looking at the Nvidia website (Which right now in GB has the best prices for 2060s) I can get: 

A Palait StormX 2060 6gb with a 1680Mhz boost clock for £240 (Single fan card small form factor card) 

Or an MSI Ventus XS 2060 6gb with a 1710Mhz boost clock for £270 (Dual fan card, standard form factor) 

(Image) 

I'm looking to do some overclocking with the card I get, and I'm wondering if getting the Single Fan card will hinder me too much / if the MSI card is worth the £30 more I'm paying for it. 

Unlike previous generations Turing cards boost to max potential mostly by themselves, overclocking software has no use (as far as getting more performance) or tangible results (i have a 2060 strix, which hits 2ghz out of box regardless of whatever oc settings). That statement is excludjng extremes like LN2 with Kingpin types cards of course...

Thus, it all comes down to the power delivery (single or double pcie, and vrm quality and any baked power limits) and cooling solution.

I  this case i dont think the advertisedd 30mhz diff is worth it at $30 but look at reviews so see to where theh really boost (id expect to dual to get high and a bit longer than that but i might be wrong).

Also look into fanstop/0db mode, as cards without it run at 40% minimum rpm and will be noisy all the time.

Then "my 2cts / imho": having msi over palit would be worth the 30 bucks to me, esp with a bigger cooler.

Mini single fan solutions are "last resorts" to look at if needed for smal form factor cases but id personally avoid them if not needed for that purpose.

33 minutes ago, Bartholomew said:

Unlike previous generations Turing cards boost to max potential mostly by themselves, overclocking software has no use (as far as getting more performance) or tangible results (i have a 2060 strix, which hits 2ghz out of box regardless of whatever oc settings). That statement is excludjng extremes like LN2 with Kingpin types cards of course...

Thus, it all comes down to the power delivery (single or double pcie, and vrm quality and any baked power limits) and cooling solution.

I  this case i dont think the advertisedd 30mhz diff is worth it at $30 but look at reviews so see to where theh really boost (id expect to dual to get high and a bit longer than that but i might be wrong).

Also look into fanstop/0db mode, as cards without it run at 40% minimum rpm and will be noisy all the time.

Then "my 2cts / imho": having msi over palit would be worth the 30 bucks to me, esp with a bigger cooler.

Mini single fan solutions are "last resorts" to look at if needed for smal form factor cases but id personally avoid them if not needed for that purpose.

Thanks a lot, yeah I agree with the Single Fan solution being a "Last Resort" and I do not need for the purpose. Plus you always gotta include the coolness factor of having 2 fans versus 1 : ) 

I'll most likely get the MSI card and, whether you alluded to this or not, I personally trust MSI over Palait. 

Again, thanks.